Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would you like to see in a hunting DVD >

What would you like to see in a hunting DVD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you like to see in a hunting DVD

Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Spike

yea its to easy for them
Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Spike

Hey all,

I will be the other guy helping to make this film. I think what we want to get through to everyone is the struggles we go through as hunters who dont have acess to land. Me nor my friend schobs own any sort of hunting land. We hunt in a suburban area with small plots of woods and lots of open farm land. So in saying that the video will be based on how to hunt suburban areas, which trees to pick. how to hunt certain winds, and all the other tactics that come along with bow hunting.. There may be also a mix of bigger woods to get that tough up north feel to it where people dont see many deer. We are regular guys who go to college and dont have much money. You will not see any type of baiting,high fences, or anything fake. We may struggle to shoot an animal on film but you will see all of our struggles and you will see the truth.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Spike

Also, another idea i had is anyone who is interested could also film their hunts and we could come together and make a video. It would be nice to view how hunting is for people in other states and what you all go through. It would be a great way to show diff perspectives and we could interest a greater range of people.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
The truth,

Why a stand is where it is.

Time frame from shot to recovery and why. (see recovery thread at top of page)

If a bad shot is taken, say so and why one would wait.

I know ALL videos do cut aways. Make them real, no acting, no faking.

The Drury's are famous for rattling in a cut away and adding it before a buck walks in when the reality is, no rattling took place. The Kiski's do it too. It's fake and viewers can tell, at least I can.

Be real, tell it like it is.

NO FENCES!
Exactly what Rob said above.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Like the others have said, do the whole bloodtrail and give feedback while doing it- kind of blood, how its coming out, what you think you hit, etc... For me the bloodtrail is more exciting than the shot. I love the hunt, getting deer in range and the shot, but the game is on when there is blood on the ground!

Would be nice to see you in stand an have the camera man fillm a begining shot from the gournd to see what your cover looks like. Tell how high your hunting, to me with the camera it seems like some of these guys are 40 foot up the tree.

Film the "little" stuff an example would be: the other night I was hunting and had a doe and two fawns, I swear the BB fawn was on crack. He was racing huge circles and eventually the doe fawn followed suit. It would be a filler, but neat to watch.

A run down of equipment would be nice-BH's, bow, poundage, what your getting for KE.

The don'ts-
Don't follow the last ten yards of the bloodtrail and have camera man behind deer and you walk up and act like the happiest hunter in the world to "find" it.

Don't say things like "I'm would have never got this deer without this breath-a-way gum" or "it's a good thing I was using the deer view mirror".

Good luck,
Chris
Old 10-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of great ideas guys, I'm getting more and more excited to get working on this video. DeBauche11 and I were chatting and thought it would be a good idea to add a segment about taxidermy, mostly the basics on caping out a deer you might want to get mounted. His dad has a small taxi shop and I'm thinking this would be some helpful info. Maybe a trip to a locally owned bow shop? No endorsements, just show some local guys doing some practice shooting and maybe some equipment and tuning tips. Keep those ideas coming, I like what I'm seeing.