Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The deer with nine lifes! >

The deer with nine lifes!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The deer with nine lifes!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
LC:

I'm not jumping his case. I'm saying I HIGHLY advise against this.......because I've been there.

For someone who's never been "there"....I hope they form their own opinion on what to do....based on the good AND the bad.

That's it. FWIW....I got CRUCIFIED (here) when it happened to me. This pales in comparison.
Jeff,
What I said wasn't directed at you brother. What you said in your post was good advice, and it was delivered in a tempered manner - not as a criticism or an accusation.

I've only been a member here since early 2007, and I've seen it so many times. Someone does something that's frowned upon by some and suddenly it's like someone yelled "DOGPILE!" I don't have any idea what this young fellows motivations were or even if he's telling the truth, and as I said, I don't care, but I can't stand to see folks throwing that "ethical" flag when it shouldn't be applied.

In deer hunting, there's "legal" and there's "illegal". Barring that, it's all up to personal opinion. If someone wants to hunt over bait or shoot young bucks or fawns to fill their freezer, etc, etc (pick any of dozens of so-called "unethical" hunting actions) and it's legal, I say go for it. I'll be the first to congratulate them on a successful hunt. It's their hunt, not mine. I'll do things my way and I don't care what anyone things about it. I don't break the law while hunting. That should be good enough for EVERYONE.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Jeff,
What I said wasn't directed at you brother. What you said in your post was good advice, and it was delivered in a tempered manner - not as a criticism or an accusation.

I've only been a member here since early 2007, and I've seen it so many times. Someone does something that's frowned upon by some and suddenly it's like someone yelled "DOGPILE!" I don't have any idea what this young fellows motivations were or even if he's telling the truth, and as I said, I don't care, but I can't stand to see folks throwing that "ethical" flag when it shouldn't be applied.

In deer hunting, there's "legal" and there's "illegal". Barring that, it's all up to personal opinion. If someone wants to hunt over bait or shoot young bucks or fawns to fill their freezer, etc, etc (pick any of dozens of so-called "unethical" hunting actions) and it's legal, I say go for it. I'll be the first to congratulate them on a successful hunt. It's their hunt, not mine. I'll do things my way and I don't care what anyone things about it. I don't break the law while hunting. That should be good enough for EVERYONE.
Nothing you said I believe is unethical. Shooting a small doe or buck isn't unethical in my eyes at all. In terms of breaking regulations I believe he is wrong. I know in Missouri, any hunter who kills or injures a deer must make a reasonable effort to retrieve and tag it, but this does not authorize trespassing. I'm sure this law is in most states and to me he didn't make the effort. That's just me. Like I said earlier, if the first buck he shot was a 150 class buck would he still be sitting in ground blind that afternoon? I doubt it.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting story.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Spike

little chief i assume u were talking to me..HE didnt arrow the deer minutes apart.it was hours apart.personally i wouldn't do it,thats why the end of my post had "jmo".every hunter is free to do what they want within the laws.Let me ask you a question,you kill a big buck,take it to your taxidermist,the cape gets ruined..should he notify you or replace it without your knowledge?