Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This season sucks >

This season sucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This season sucks

Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kateraxl2381
I'm in Southern Illinois and I have had great success thus far hunting on big acorn trees and on the edges of uncut bean fields..got a 4 count so far..they are definitely in the woods...however, they have been movin super later down here..Hang in there

Same here. 6 does down so far, all off acron flats in the evening. Morning hunts have slower than normal, but evening hunts have been on fire and the mid day hunts have been productive.

My only concern so far is the fact I have not seen any of my big boys from stand yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Worst year I can remember. Think the deer are on vacation, somewhere else!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Im a frmer in So. Il and when we were shelling corn a buddy asked me if he could hut a small woodlot next to the field we were shelling (best time to hunt is when the farmers out in the field) So i let him hunt it and he seen 3 deer and they didnt even come out of the corn field. We havent ran many deer out of the corn fields when were shelling and i have hardly seen any deer in bean fields. Even though your not seeing deer just be glad you have the opportunity to be out there hunting.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

Deer like edge. Hunt the edge of woods and crops or make something happen, stalk deer through the corn or make small pushes to make them feel less comfortable in those fields. Good luck
Old 10-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like NY...some of the fields are cut, but of course the land I hunt...the corn is not cut yet...Been raining for the last 2 weeks, but as of yesterday, we now have some snow on the ground and cold temps...it's like mid November right now...so might be an exciting opener for us NYers..

Hang in there...hopefully farms get all the corn up your way cut!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Spike

I hunted southern illinois the past four days and saw a bunch of does, saw one 100 inch 8 point, cant wait to go back in 3 weeks.
i hunted about 150 yards off a soybean field. caught em going to and from the feild. good luck to ya though