Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need input...Mathews Monster >

Need input...Mathews Monster

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need input...Mathews Monster

Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Well, hurray for you.

I'm an even 6' and only weigh 190. I have small arms and a slender build. I've never been the muscular type, but I got a good laugh last week watching my friend who is 6' 4" weighing in at 250 almost give himself a hernia trying to draw my Drenalin set at 70#. All the muscles plastered all over your body have nothing to do with how much you can draw or let down. That's a set of muscles that you don't normally use and even a small guy can outdraw the big fellows with proper conditioning.

agree 100% some people dont understand that.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i own a mathews solo cam, prolly the 1st year lol, and i went to look at bows and shot the reezen and the monster and ill keep what i got, the reezen is better,IMO, than the monster, but thats no reezen fer me to buy a new bow.. gl
Old 10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Id keep your DXT....huge fan of Mathews, hate the Reezen and Monster. I know a company must continue with inovations and such, but they missed the mark IMO.
Just curious, what didn't you like about the reezen? It's the only Mathews bow I've ever shot and really liked it. And I am in no way questioning your opinion or saying my opinion is better. So I'm not looking for a "whatever you like" reply because that's obviously why you buy a bow. I'm just curious what you like about other Mathews bows over the Reezen since that is the only Mathews bow I have exprience with.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DCFD3512
Just curious, what didn't you like about the reezen? It's the only Mathews bow I've ever shot and really liked it. And I am in no way questioning your opinion or saying my opinion is better. So I'm not looking for a "whatever you like" reply because that's obviously why you buy a bow. I'm just curious what you like about other Mathews bows over the Reezen since that is the only Mathews bow I have exprience with.
If the Reezen is the only one you've shot, you owe it to yourself to try the others. You might answer your own question.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LittleChief
If the Reezen is the only one you've shot, you owe it to yourself to try the others. You might answer your own question.
AGREED!! Switchback XT is by far the best bow they've ever made IMO of course and I try to shoot every new type of bow that comes in to my local shop.