Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone use the Bloodrunners? >

Anyone use the Bloodrunners?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use the Bloodrunners?

Old 10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am useing them this year and can say they fly awesome I have not shot anything with them yet but 3 of team memebers have and they all said the damage was incredible a blind man could follow the blood. The farthest one of them ran was 80 yards two of the does were shot by a female shooting only 42 pounds and had complete passthrus.Walt
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just an opinion based on looks:

The red part of the head looks awfully thick.
Look at the Bloodrunner versus say a NAP Hellraiser , G5 Montec, Magnus Stinger, etc. On those heads, Other than the thickness of the arrow shaft itself, the only drag when going through the deer is a cutting surface of a blade.
With the bloodrunner, that red thing seems like it might cause a lot of "drag" when going through the deer. That along with the cutting diameter could possibly cause some penetration issues.

Again. i have not watched the video ( It will not display in my office). This is just my opinion based upon what the blade looks like.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

I tried them, i liked everything about them until i shot them. They make a loud rattling sound while in the air. or they did with me, I tried a few different setups to fix this but with no avail. If you could hit a dear they would be great
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DannyD

Look at the Bloodrunner versus say a NAP Hellraiser , G5 Montec, Magnus Stinger, etc. On those heads, Other than the thickness of the arrow shaft itself, the only drag when going through the deer is a cutting surface of a blade.
With the bloodrunner, that red thing seems like it might cause a lot of "drag" when going through the deer. That along with the cutting diameter could possibly cause some penetration issues.

Again. i have not watched the video ( It will not display in my office). This is just my opinion based upon what the blade looks like.
NAP has reduced the size of the ferrule the new ones are black in color.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DannyD

One thing to add...yes it is quite thick. But when you think about it, if you don't get a complete pass through and the fletching don't pass into the cavity, the arrow is plugging the entry hole. Blood can only come out where the blades cut. The middle section of the bloodrunner head is larger than your arrow shaft, so like you see in the video, the arrow cannot plug the hole. The arrow literally flotas freely in the hole allowing blood out. Just my opinion...but you can see it in the video.