Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand? >

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter

Wildest: I'm bowhunting in suburbia. about 100 yards from a house whose residents have no idea I'm on the next property. The teenage girl and her boyfriend are walking around the backyard hand in hand and then they decide to wander into the woods. They get about 25 yards from my stand and all of a sudden, she stops in front of him and kneels down but it aint so she can pray......
How did you keep from busting out laughing. I would waited until she really got going and in my best flava flav voice yelled out "Ya Boy!".
Old 10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Spike

I was 14 years old and was bowhunting on my grandpas farm. Family was the only people allowed to hunt the farm and I was the only one hunting that day. Well, it was completely dark and I saw a guy with a flashlight walking my way and he walked directly under my stand and kept on going into the dark. I was about a mile from any road or any other house. Talk about creepy.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
setting in the stand when I was suppose to be home, and the wife comes and gets me.
LOL, yeah I have one of those stories too. I was supposed to be at home doing my honey do list...my wife was gone for the afternoon/evening working. I decide to sneak out for a quick evening hunt, knowing she won't find out since she won't be home till late. So I get all my stuff together and head outside, and realize she took my truck. Dang! Oh well, no biggie...I'll just take her Cadillac (first mistake)

2 hrs later I am trying to figure out what to do with this doe I just whacked....and knowing it ain't gonna end good.

Worst thing was, when I got home (with the deer in her trunk)....she was off early and there

I tried to play the .... I finished my chores, and we needed 1 more for the freezer card, but she didn't buy it. It wasn't pretty - but hey, I'm still married....and I have this great story to tell you guys! LOL

In the woods...probably the freakiest thing was being stalked by coyotes in the dark....and knowing they were there. Scared the doodoo out of me
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I was sitting in a ground blind on November 17th and a rabbit came in to the opening of the blind. He started cleaning his face and I decided it would be a good idea to try to grab him. Not the best idea I have had. This rabbit ran around the blind about 3 times kicking the $hit out of me. You wouldnt think a little tiny rabbit could actually cause a little pain but I had a bruise on my knee over the next couple days.

Not really scary but hilarious.

Scariest thing My dad and I were hunting mule deer deep in the mountains in idaho all by ourselves about 40 miles from the closest town. We are sitting in the cabin with the door open having a beer before bed and i looked down for a second and my dad said "what the hell was taht?" I look at him thinking what could it be he said something big just walked by the door. I Said "what a moose? and elk a deer a bear?" he said he didnt know. A little later we went to bed and locked the door. Laying in our beds we listened to something rubbing against the walls poking something through the mesh wire and throwing pinecones and rocks on the roof of the cabin. Im not saying it was sasquatch but it was very strange and it still puts a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

WV hunter I have been stalked by coyotes too! Pretty creepy
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I was out shed hunting and jumped two elk, scared the crap out of me, kinda scary when you are looking at the ground for antlers and hear crashing of tree limbs all of a sudden.

Me and a buddy of mine were hog hunting one time and seen about 4 adult hogs and about 9 piglets heading up the side of a rather large hill, we decide to take out after them and when we got to the top we found out we just not only couldnt find the darn pigs but wore ourselfs out chaseing them.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Spike

funny- one time when i was hunting from the ground in a pine thicket, the sun was just coming up there are two red squirrels chasing each other other on a tree, all of a sudden they both run right between my legs and the chair, i just about wanted to jump out of my seat and started unloading slugs in the ground.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Not out of a treestand but when I was quail hunting a few years back, I had a quail get up in front of my and fly into a tree killing it instantly
Old 10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scariest: I was coming out of the woods as it was getting dark. I actually stepped on a bucks leg, he must have figured out that if he stayed still that I would have walked right past him. When I felt the deer move I looked down all I saw was antlers coming up at my face. When I quit running like a little girl, I turned around and killed my first buck with an arrow to his neck.

Funniest: In case you're wondering squirrels can only have sex while facing up a tree, not down. When that female turned around and faced down, the male jumped on her, and he slid right off and fell to the ground.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

We could just barely see. We were turkey hunting, sitting under a giant cottonwood, our heads next to the entrance to a coon den. We saw a coon coming for its hole, so I got ready to hit it. BOOM! This coyote comes out of nowhere and latched onto the critter, 10 feet away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.