Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Under armor warmth... >

Under armor warmth...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under armor warmth...

Old 10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Under armor warmth...

i was just curious...if i were to wear 2 shirts of under armor would it be warmer then just 1 under armor? i would think so but im not spending another 35 bucks if its the same warmth...thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

I wear two
Old 10-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fleece underjacket, problem solved
Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

it's warmer.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Spike

UnderArmor Cold Gear and a fleece jacket. You can unzip the jacket if you get hot.

But to answer your question; Yes, it's warmer.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i ask bc i want as little of bulk on my arms as possible to prevent the string from hitting it.....i just got a "cold gear" under armor shirt.....its very warm and i like it..and i plan on wearing a cheap walmart one over it and a long sleeve shirt and hoodie....im not sure what else i will need if its 30 out...probably more...but its a start...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
i ask bc i want as little of bulk on my arms as possible to prevent the string from hitting it.....i just got a "cold gear" under armor shirt.....its very warm and i like it..and i plan on wearing a cheap walmart one over it and a long sleeve shirt and hoodie....im not sure what else i will need if its 30 out...probably more...but its a start...
Hey I plan on taking some of my old Old Navy Fleece Jackets and cutting the sleeves off and having them hemmed up so I can wear it as a vest. That way it will kep my arms less bulky and still keep my core warm! Im hoping atleast?

I do have two cold gear shirts but have never worn them together?? I cant see where it would really be that much warmer, but I could easily be wrong?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

I think you could find something a lot better for warmth for your second layer than another layer of UA. I use one layer of UA. and a layer of the heaviest cabelas layers the one that looks like thick fleece and my silent suede cabelas parka and pants and a windsheer berber vest on the coldest days in Iowa and don't get cold. I've thought about getting the merino wool base layers too, seem like a good second layer. The basic idea is first layer with UA is to breath and get mositure away from skin, second is loft and warmth, mix in wind bloking and waterproof layer outer wear works well
Old 10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

well for now i think im goin to wear the under armour....a long sleeve shirt or 2 and a hoodie and see where that gets me...i looked on the UA site and found a good fleece i could use as my second layer for next year....now all thats left on my list is to find waterproof/lined pants and a waterproof outer layer...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

definitely warmer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.