Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I hate to even ask, but.... >

I hate to even ask, but....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate to even ask, but....

Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GPMD
Wait, you're always Upwind or downwind of something right? My original answer was downwind. Now that i think if it though, if you're hunting something coming from behind you, you're upwind, if you expect it from in front, you're downwind.......right? Damn, I need a nap now from this one
you are correct....this is the solution, just place your stand smack dab in the middle of the woods and hunt....3 out of the 4 directions are unaffected...LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think he is what he aint recalling so well is that the mississippi river runs uphill at one point, this is cause the mouth of the river is higher than this small area,,,like a beer bong

Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by randyshunting
Good freakin grief is all I have to say, (BIG COUNTRY) I've read numerous posts by you and if you have nothing good to say PLEASE dont say it a all. You obviously already know everything so let others ask questions and learn without RUDE comments. Thank you.
Well, you answered this question. So does this mean your a know it all? Friend, I will say what I want, and do what I want.

Thank you

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

This thread is commical.....rivers only run South to North except for the Mississippi??? Please tell me you know better than this!
In the spirit of this thread I thought I'd add a little spice to it.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who told you that?You are telling me that all rivers except the Mississippi flows from south to the North? no sir, you are wrong... I believe the only river in the world that runs "backwards" is the Nile River in Africa....
Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
In the spirit of this thread I thought I'd add a little spice to it.
Actually one of my favorite smallmouth bass fisheries runs south to north. It's the New River whose headsprings are in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Boone, North Carolina. It runs north through Virginia and then into West Virginia. It joins up with the Gauley River in WV to form the Kanawha River which runs right by my house and feeds into the Ohio River. Despite its name, there is nothing new about the New River. In fact, the river is the oldest in the United States and second-oldest in the world.

Ok......had to clear that up.... Like almost everyone says, wind in the face means you're looking up wind, every thing behind you is downwind.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
If the wind is in your face, your looking downwind.

Thats not right. Wind in your face then you are obviously looking UPwind. Think of it this way, if you are DOWNwind of an apple pie you would smell it because the wind would carry it right to you, but if you are upwind of it, you'd never knew it was there.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Spike

Thats it!!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WVCritter
Actually one of my favorite smallmouth bass fisheries runs south to north. It's the New River whose headsprings are in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Boone, North Carolina. It runs north through Virginia and then into West Virginia. It joins up with the Gauley River in WV to form the Kanawha River which runs right by my house and feeds into the Ohio River. Despite its name, there is nothing new about the New River. In fact, the river is the oldest in the United States and second-oldest in the world.

Ok......had to clear that up.... Like almost everyone says, wind in the face means you're looking up wind, every thing behind you is downwind.

Shenandoah River in VA/WV...runs South to North as well. Maybe the south to north thing makes for good smallie fishin

My final say on the wind is this:

If the wind is hitting you in the back - you aren't screwed....just turn around!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

My head hurts after reading this post lol. Hopefully someone answered your question. best of luck
Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another thing to consider is Burdock will only grow to the west of a maple tree and always to the south of poplars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.