Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I hate to even ask, but.... >

I hate to even ask, but....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate to even ask, but....

Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Spike

There you go. If you are looking into the wind you are looking "Upwind". If the wind is hitting you on your back, you are looking "downwind".
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
Yeah but did you know all rivers and streams travel downstream from south to north except for the mississippi? Just something else for you to consider

Who told you that?You are telling me that all rivers except the Mississippi flows from south to the North? no sir, you are wrong... I believe the only river in the world that runs "backwards" is the Nile River in Africa....
Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Water falls downhill. If you are looking "up" toward where it is coming from (upstream), it is in your face. If you are looking "down" where it is going to (downstream), it is on your back. Same thing goes for wind.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is commical.....rivers only run South to North except for the Mississippi??? Please tell me you know better than this!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
If the wind is in your face, your looking downwind.

Good freakin greif is all I have to say. You really don't know what downwind is?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Why worry, keep it simple. Wind in your face, wind at your back. Facing into the wind, or agian, wind at your back.

If the wind is in your face, you are looking into the wind. If the wind is at your back, your screwed.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Spike

If the wind is hitting you in the face you are looking upwind. The wind is coming down to you. Of course you want the deer upwind but if you hang your stand high enough HOPEFULLY YOUR scent will go over the deer and they will come in from down wind or from the side of what you have put out. Think about it, it makes no scense that if the wind is hitting you in the back of the head, your looking UP wind.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Spike

Good freakin grief is all I have to say, (BIG COUNTRY) I've read numerous posts by you and if you have nothing good to say PLEASE dont say it a all. You obviously already know everything so let others ask questions and learn without RUDE comments. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

I think the possible reason for these directions would be that most mature bucks will circle until they are approaching the scent as it is upwind of them...so with your directions I guess it would set you up with a shot in front of you if your introduced scent can beat out your human scent! It's the tricky thing with scents....
Old 10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Wait, you're always Upwind or downwind of something right? My original answer was downwind. Now that i think if it though, if you're hunting something coming from behind you, you're upwind, if you expect it from in front, you're downwind.......right? Damn, I need a nap now from this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.