Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I hate to even ask, but.... >

I hate to even ask, but....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate to even ask, but....

Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forget the Wind, Just Hunt!

LOL, now where did I hear that?

Stonewall, yes you are correct. And that is the ideal situation to have!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by zmax hunter
FWIW, dont worry about the wind, throw away the coon urine, never mind the sweat,no more dirt wafers, dont even think about the Off skeeter repellent apply to bare skin areas face and neck, actually, you can leave your hunting clothes on the kitchen floor for 2 days, no need to shower before the hunt, just spray on some pure vanilla extract, use it like cologne, place a few drops on the surrounding vegetation, and sit there like a ghost, a vanilla ghost that is. trust me
Are you serious about this?

I put my hunting clothes in tupperware containers with ceder shavings and other plant material. I usually take a shower using no soap of any kind, do not put on deoderant, and I have pretty good success with deer not detecting my scent. I am not a sweaty guy though. Last saturday night I had a deer walk up less than 15 feet from me while I was standing on the ground after last legal light, the wind was blowing directly from me to him but he didn't detect me by scent.