Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Starting to scrape in Wi >

Starting to scrape in Wi

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Starting to scrape in Wi

Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Starting to scrape in Wi

Went out Thursday nite for a while and found some fresh scrapes on my way to one of my stands. The big scrapes along the river from the last 3-4 years are being hit again too now. I have not found any rubs. I wasnt able to get out this weekend though so I dont know if there are anymore freshend up yet since then. It sucks having the flu on a weekend off and not being able to hunt.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Im in Brown County and when I went out last Saturday I also seen a couple of scrapes, along with a couple rubs on some small thickets, these were just off an alf. field. Then I went to the Oak stand/Cedar swamp/ creek and I didnt find anything at all. I am thinking within the next few days they will be in there for the acorns and I also believe rut is going to happen about the last week this month, around a week earlier from prediction of many.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Here in eau claire cnty they are just starting to break ground and rub, hope its the same 8 I let go last year makeing the scrape line up on the ridge, he will be nice this year.There are a couple of other small bucks there also but sooner or later the 8 will show up.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

La Crosse county, seein a few new scapes as well. Seen some fresh rubs in Marathon county.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

In the North Kettles the rubs and scrapes are all over the place now! Being hit on a daily basis! This cold weather should get things moving along nicely!