Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Suggestions anyone?? >

Suggestions anyone??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions anyone??

Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Suggestions anyone??

So I'm coming to you guys looking for help. I'm 0 for 7 meaning I've been out 7 times and have yet to see a deer on stand. I'm hunting good spots. Transition areas from food to bed and the whole bit. I've even tried some spots with my climber in an attempt to switch it up.... Still no dice... So does anyone have any suggestions. I think my scent control is good I do everything the way I'm supposted to but I'm just not having any good luck. This is my plea for help.

Ryan.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Spike

Key on the acorns. If you have oak trees where you hunt that are dropping focus on these. I was hunting trails earlier but started focusing on the acorns this week and found the deer there too.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, I agree, get on an area that has a good acorn mast. Ive been hunting a 1200 acre farm, been set up in one small area where I have allot of trail cam pics of good bucks that were coming to beans. I havent been seeing much action the past week, happens every year, early season pattern has changed along with feeding patterns. As much as I hate walking around and distrubing the woods, I decided to take a little walk across the property to another section a few hundred yards away which is a big oak flat. I found over 200 rubs and about 30 scrapes in a 200 yard area. So guess what I'll be doing today. I would say if they arent coming to you, go find out where the best sign is.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try some Acorn Rage attractant.... That is working very well now because they like Acorns at this time of year
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its illegal here in pa. So I guess I'll just have to find some better dropping oak trees.
I'm gonna give her hell tomorrow we'll see what happens.

Ryan
Old 10-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the acorns. I have found the favored oak of the deer on my property. I am seeing up to 7 deer a sit.

Just find the acorn mast and you will find the deer.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

When you aren't having luck where you're at. Move, only advise I have
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, as a follow up to my above reply for example, after I hung a new set yesterday afternoon near all the fresh sign (scrapes,rubs, droppings) I saw Sunday, I saw 11 different bucks last night.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

i agree with everyone else..i have a few stands on acorns and they are all overem