Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
asat camo anyone herd of it >

asat camo anyone herd of it

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

asat camo anyone herd of it

Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GMMAT
How is black jeans working to break up the human outline?
Black, blue, green what have ya doesn't matter not all one shade/color, breaking it up with the shirt/pants color mixing them. And naturally, never stand in a position so they can silhouette ya.

That and most trees, at least the trees I use are dark in color, so having black legs tend to blend in with the tree nicely.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Dominant Buck

i'll take my chances (note the contrast).

Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by realtree88
i dont if its what camo should be i i dont think it would work for a stand but out west for spot and stalk i think it would work great
I watched my brother climb in a stand from about 50yds away and he literally disappeared. ASAT is very effective in stands or on the ground
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ever heard of ASAT?

Man I don't where some of you have been hiding if you haven't.

20 years ago.

LMAO, I own ASAT older than most of you have been hunting.

The shame of it is, ASAT used to be a great company, Now I just don't care for it but the camo pattern is fantastic. IMO! If you want to spend some money, Predator particularly Grey Wolf Wollens is where one should spend it, that or consider Engima G2. Still made in the USA.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 10-11-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

IMO! If you want to spend some money, Predator particularly Grey Wolf Wollens is where one should spend it, that or consider Engima G2.
Cool. I actuall own all of that. Customer service is A1 with Jeff @ GWW.....and I've always been treated like a champ @ ASAT.

I wish I could say that about all of the camo companies I've dealt with. I can't.

Last edited by GMMAT; 10-11-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Ever heard of ASAT?

Man I don't where some of you have been hiding if you haven't.

20 years ago.

LMAO, I own ASAT older than most of you have been hunting.

The shame of it is, ASAT used to be a great company, Now I just don't care for it but the camo pattern is fantastic. IMO! If you want to spend some money, Predator particularly Grey Wolf Wollens is where one should spend it, that or consider Engima G2. Still made in the USA.
What kind of bow is that in the top pic Rob ?

I remember reading an article in Bowhunter magazine about ASAT in '88 or '89. Writer's last name was Barnhart I believe.

I've had their 3D suit for 6 seasons, the deer hate me. And the Enigma stuff works well too.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 3D suit as well. I've been using it for three seasons. Love it. Took this gobbler at 8yds on the ground (he was as close as 5 before crossing into my shooting lane), no blind. Granted, with a bow, it may have been a different story, but nonetheless, effective, and just as much in the tree.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Mikey S.
What kind of bow is that in the top pic Rob ?

I remember reading an article in Bowhunter magazine about ASAT in '88 or '89. Writer's last name was Barnhart I believe.

I've had their 3D suit for 6 seasons, the deer hate me. And the Enigma stuff works well too.
In the top picture is a Jennings Carbon Extreme XLR. Great bow in the day but heavy.

The bottom is a '97 Hoyt Tenacity.

In the article, Jim Barnhart is the inventor of ASAT. Him and his brother Gary. I see Gary often and had the pleasure of sitting down with these guys for dinner when, at the time they placed me on their ASAT Turkey Pro Staff. I've since "retired" that position as the company went several different routes to where it is today and I don't wish to be associated with them today. Great pattern though.

What I'm truly waiting for is Enigma G2 3D, if it ever comes out I know it's going to be incredible. If ever.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer

What I'm truly waiting for is Enigma G2 3D, if it ever comes out I know it's going to be incredible. If ever.
This might be my next upgrade if it does actually come to fruition
Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ASAT? It's one of the best patterns period. Actually I have been very impressed with Ultimate Camo & Predator is a Winner as well!

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.