Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Knowledgable truck guys.... >

Knowledgable truck guys....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Knowledgable truck guys....

Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
byg
Spike

Do you run the truck low on fuel alot? Might be your fuel pump getting ready to crap out. Mine wouldnt start until I cranked it about 2 or 3 times. Replaced it and starts fine now.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like all good advice but i would have your fuel pressure checked as stated above to ckeck you fuel pump. OR YOU COULD GET A NEW ONE FROM OBAMA MOTOR CORPORATION
Old 10-13-2009, 04:56 AM
byg
Spike

If you wind up replacing your fuel pump(yourself),gets some buddy's and remove the bed its only a 15 min job once you can get at it....Oh yea, the bed is heavier than you think LOL....
Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

super g is right there are some cleaners that will not harm the sensors didnt mean it couldnt be dont just that to be carefull about what you use
Old 10-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

usally is a baro sensor built into the maf sometimes ive seen the maf readings to look normall so people think its ok but the baro is offt and is still the same part that needs attention. mostly seen it on the fords like ranger explorer but could be a pssiblity for anything i guess
Old 10-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muliefever
seems how it is a newer truck. It is not your plugs wires etc.. More likely to be a MAF sensor or a Throttle Position Sensor. He is what I would do, drive to you local autozone, they can hook up a diagnostic reader to your truck. Which should tell you what the problem is.
yes,what he said.most likely the t.p.s.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Spike

I have a ford truck which required some auto mechanics job for it’s better functioning. I want to know if you know any good auto mechanic company which can perform their job in cheap rates. As I am not a rich guy so cheap but little bit good quality in auto parts would be appreciated.

Auto Mechanics
Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Most likely a sensor issue. Maybe throttle position sensor. Maybe a tune up is needed