Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I hate buckmasters!!!! >

I hate buckmasters!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate buckmasters!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to try this one the next time the opportunity to, if you get a letter write refused on the outside in red sharpie and leave it in the mail box. Then they get billed for the postage to send it to you and to send it back to themselfs. I'm gonna try it.... The thing is though you cannot open the letter.

Ryan.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muliefever
You know, I F*ckin hate Buck Masters! They call me seriously every single week and ask me to join there club. And every week I tell them no thank you. Here lately they have been calling my Government phone number! So ofcoarse I told them to stop. So this Jack ass from Buck Masters just called me to say he was going to send me to collections if I didn't pay them the $155 that I owe them! I about flew off my rocker! Yes, I did sign up for the once in a lifetime hunt with Jackie Bushman! How awesome would that be! But I NEVER signed up for a FIVE YEAR MEMBERSHIP! So I told the guy to give me is managers phone number, Which I will give my Officer in Charge. So He can call and ask why Buck Masters is threatening one of his Coastie's! OMG I was fired up! I will NEVER BE A PART OF BUCKMASTERS...EVER...
I had the EXACT same experience as you. Check out this email I sent to them. Within 5 minutes of sending this email, I recieved a call from the customer service manager saying my membership would be cancelled and I wouldn't have to pay a dime.

"I just had perhaps the rudest conversation with an customer service rep that I have ever had. I called to cancel my buckmaster subscription (account #433380043) and was told that I had two choices, pay the full amount now or pay it on a 6 month plan and this was told to me in a very disrespectful manner. You see I never meant to agree to sign up for a 5 year subscription to buckmasters. When I was initially contacted by buckmasters, I told the salesman to send me some information on the program and I would think it over. I then thought it over, discussed it with my wife and decided against wanting the subscription. When I recieved the bill, I didn't see anywhere to cancel my subscription. I then recieved my first copy of the magazine in the mail and then subsequently a collections notice saying to pay up now or a collections agency will be after me. After this, I called your customer service dept (1-800-250-2825) and was told very rudely that I cannot get out of this membership at all.

This is no way to run a business; first I'm signed up for something that I said I would THINK ABOUT and then when I decide against it, I'm told that I have no choice but to pay. I used to have quite a bit of respect for your organization, I know that you care about deer hunting and hunters and this is the reason I didn't hang up on your salesman right off when I was initially contacted. However, after this situation, I will NEVER patronize your organization again and I WILL be in contact with State of Kansas's better business bureau. I also WILL NOT pay for the 5 year membership. However, I will pay for the two magazines that were sent to me but NO MORE! Feel free to contact me at (913)766-#### or by email.

SIncerely,
Sean Garrison"

PM me if you want the customer service manager's email address. He seemed very respectful and reasonable.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had those jerks call me too. I signed up for a chance to win a hunt on line. I told them to pull my name from the contest and to remove me from their call list.

One thing I have done in the past to screw with phone sales people is when they ask for me I'll tell them to hang on and I'll get him. Then I set the phone down and go on with my day. I'll check every 5 min. or so and if their still dumb enough to hang on I'll assure them I'm on the way. It's kinda fun to see how long they will hold. I figure the longer I hold them the fewer people they will bother that day.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike

3 days ago i got a letter from a collection that buckmasters had turned me in to collections,,, i talk to a guy back in may and august and told them i would think about the membership, they sent one magazine and i sent it back. So i called the collection and told them i never ordered anything or agreed to order anything and i aslo told them that if i got anything else from them i would goafter them for herrasment. When i hung up them i call buckmasters, beleive me i wasnt too friendly, told them they was a joke and they wasnt there for the hunters they was there to take money and thats all, they hung up on me. About 2 hours later they got a phone call from our family lawyer, after that they didnt have a single problem dropping the 135 dollars that they claimed i owed them.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

they call me all the time, i just dont pick up
Old 10-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you beleive they called me again this morning! I literally had just finished telling 5 of my buddies the story about them calling me last night. We were all sitting in the field goose hunting! And guess who wrang. SO we hit it off agian.. I told the guy That I would have Coast Guard legal call them bright and early Tuesday morning to sort this out. He hung up. This was me about to pop! So I just called back when I got home and asked to speak to a manager. Once that happened I told them everything, and they promptly fixed everything. Not before I told them they have bad business practice.. and a few other things! I will spread the word to all I know about Buckmasters....
Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

A small town in central Oklahoma always puts on a charitable event to help local kids in the area and raise money for them. My dad has a big part in this event every year.

The first year, about 7-8 years ago, they teamed up with Buckmasters to help with the event. After the event was over, Buckmasters ended up with about 80% of the money and Buckmasters did not back up their end of the deal with the free hunts. The organization, in the end, had to dip into their own pockets and take the kids on the hunt they were promised by Buckmasters. They basically took the money from the event and ran. Needless to say, Buckmasters was never conatacted again to help with the event and the event is a lot better for the community.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muliefever
Can you beleive they called me again this morning! I literally had just finished telling 5 of my buddies the story about them calling me last night. We were all sitting in the field goose hunting! And guess who wrang. SO we hit it off agian.. I told the guy That I would have Coast Guard legal call them bright and early Tuesday morning to sort this out. He hung up. This was me about to pop! So I just called back when I got home and asked to speak to a manager. Once that happened I told them everything, and they promptly fixed everything. Not before I told them they have bad business practice.. and a few other things! I will spread the word to all I know about Buckmasters....
That's amazing. File a complaint with the BBB.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I use to sign up for their stupid drawing for prizes but after several calls trying to get me to join, I never go to their web site anymore. To heck with them.

Last edited by midsouth_hunter; 10-10-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've been having the same problem with them too. i tell them to stop calling but they keep doing it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.