HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What a shame.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/306303-what-shame.html)

MILLERTIME10 10-08-2009 06:05 PM

What a shame....

1 Attachment(s)
This is a buck that was poached the day before season in Wilburton, OK behind my company's office. The land surrounding the office is owned by the Jr. College in town and can be hunted by the public. A guy had some game cam pictures of this deer in velvet and a lot of people knew about him in this area. The day before bow season a guy noticed buzzards circling behind the office and they went to check it out. It was this deers body with the head cut off. Now, I guess the guy that shot it has sent out a picture of the buck (that is how I have it). To my knowledge, they have not caught the guy that shot him. It is just a shame when something like this happens. Just makes me sick to my stomach. I am not sure what he would score, but I imagine it would be close to the 200" mark.

rh160kid 10-08-2009 06:08 PM

omg!! holy brow tines!! what a shame-hope he gets caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

lifesadrag 10-08-2009 06:09 PM

The poacher sent pictures out? :confused0024:

Hunt4Life23 10-08-2009 06:16 PM

Damn that is a beautiful buck. Its a shame he wasnt taken fairly to someone that really deserved it.

blakefrautschi 10-08-2009 06:21 PM

i really hope that it wasn't poached... but that is a shame if it was.. and it sounds like it was, but thats one hellofa deer.

Dbldroptine 10-08-2009 06:21 PM

Thats a shame alright...that would have been an awesome trophy for sure.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-08-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lifesadrag (Post 3468093)
The poacher sent pictures out? :confused0024:

That's what I was thinking. They have to able to track that and I hope they get the SOB.

MILLERTIME10 10-08-2009 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi (Post 3468119)
i really hope that it wasn't poached... but that is a shame if it was.. and it sounds like it was, but thats one hellofa deer.

It was definately poached. I believe anytime someone shoots a deer out of season and leaves the carcass laying in the woods with its head cut off, it is poached.

It is no doubt it was the same deer in the game cam pictures because of the unique monster brow tines. There aren't too many animals walking around this earth with brows like that. I still can't figure out why the idiot took pictures of it and sent them out. It is just a matter of time before he is caught and prosecuted, like he should be.

southerncross 10-08-2009 06:32 PM

He is probably from El Reno!

MILLERTIME10 10-08-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by southerncross (Post 3468138)
He is probably from El Reno!

Ya, I hear those guys that grow up in El Reno can't keep from poaching....that's just what I hear.