HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Be Proud of What you Shoot (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/306248-proud-what-you-shoot.html)

PABowhntr 10-08-2009 10:19 AM

Be Proud of What you Shoot

I am a little late with this one this year but it always is worth repeating.

Regardless of what you shoot...be proud of it. Every year I read posts that say "It was only a doe"..or "It was only a 6 pointer". There should not be any "it was only". As long as it is a trophy in your eyes then that is all that matters. We all love to be in the outdoors. Share your stories with the rest of the Hunting.net community without worrying about your harvest "only being".

Good luck to all of you this season.

daveyrock 10-08-2009 10:45 AM

Very True!!...too often do new hunters get discouraged because of the big buck frenzy, you have to shoot a buck to be successful...that is simply not true. A wary doe can be just as difficult to shoot than any mature buck. And I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I have any deer walk underneath or close by, my blood starts pumping, could be a yearling doe but it might as well be a 15 point buck.

Shoot what your proud of and be proud of what you shoot!! Good Advice

1shotkill1993 10-08-2009 10:55 AM

I agree!!!

pats102862 10-08-2009 01:37 PM

Every animal is a trophy in my book.

HOGGHEAD 10-08-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by pats102862 (Post 3467819)
Every animal is a trophy in my book.

A+ on this Quote if I take it with a bow then it is a Trophy ! :cool2:

treboryerf 10-08-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD (Post 3467821)
A+ on this Quote if I take it with a bow then it is a Trophy ! :cool2:

I was thinking the same thing after reading some of the post on here recently about hunter success so far this season.Too bad there is so much pressure from all the big players in the hunting community,to only shoot mature trophy bucks,they tend to make you feel bad if you shoot something less than a trophy and I for one think we should encourage anyone to shoot what makes you happy and if you are lucky enough to have a place and the means to take trophies every year then please don't make others feel bad when they take something that does'nt meet "your high standards" deer hunting is not created equal for everyone.I would like to see all those trophy hunters hunt a few seasons with me and still feel the way they feel about what a trophy truly is.I have killed some good bucks and still let deer walk every season,but the bucks I kill are nothing, as far as inches go, to the ones I see in the magazines and on tv and on all the packing that products come in.I will always give a hunter props for whatever they choose to kill.

halfbakedi420 10-08-2009 03:03 PM

i agree, a life was lost to let another survive, so dont be ashamed

mfd1027 10-08-2009 05:17 PM

Amen!

Dan

DowningAir 10-09-2009 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3467893)
i agree, a life was lost to let another survive, so dont be ashamed

Yes sir, well put!

bowfly 10-09-2009 05:31 AM

"There should not be any "it was only"."

Damn straight, if someone is going to use that line, they should not have shot in the first place. Any animal you are FORTUNATE enough to take, you should be FORTUNATE enough that you had the opportunity.