Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Be Proud of What you Shoot >

Be Proud of What you Shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Proud of What you Shoot

Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't agree more. You go out into the wild, where our quarry lives. A place where evolution has created creatures that have learned to survive. Lets face it, in nature stupid animals don't usually live long enough to pollute the gene pool. The smart ones that live are the ones who procreate and pass their genes to following generations. They might not have the best eyesight, but it's not bad either. They just can't distinguish certain colors like blaze orange. Deer have ears which are shaped like parabolic radar dishes, and they don't suffer hearing loss from listening to loud rock music or shooting guns. Since they live in the woods a deer knows what everything sounds like that belongs in the woods. Then there's that sense of smell; if deer were trainable, prison wardens would use them to track escaped prisoners or maybe we could teach them to point pheasant and quail.

A really nice rack is a great bonus, every deer is a trophy.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

amen...
anything around here w/ the bow is a trophy in my eyes!~!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with you. I'm looking for my first deer this year, and I find I'm working my butt off to learn enough to allow me to get one. When I do I'll be proud no matter what it is.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

YES! Could not agree more with all of the above.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a doe opening day wooooo Lol
I feel ya brother
Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Spike

FUN FIRST........Too many outdoorsmen loose sight of what we all love about the outdoors. Call it peer pressure or whatever.........

Whatever you do in the great outdoors, HAVE FUN DOING IT! Forget the pressure to perform......HAVE FUN!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Spike

I agree!The first deer I took with a bow was a doe and I was as proud of that doe as I would be if that deer was a 12 point.
What I loved about it was it was a very humane kill.The deer turned and walked about 5 yards then stopped and fell over dead.
Some area's just do not produce big racked bucks as well as others.They need calcium in there diet.
My grandfather said the only thing antlers are good for is stirring the soup.
I would like to add that I learned about 85% of what I know about bowhunting right here on this web site.I asked alot of questions and they were all answered.Your a great group of people.Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw this thread and I just happened to have taken my FIRST achery buck and am darn proud of him! First person's I called or tried to call on cell was Burniegoeasliy and The Rev when he hit the ground so I am going to share with my HNI brothers now! Photography not the greatest but hey I was all alone. Look for my new thread...First buck and darn proud!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Saw this thread and I just happened to have taken my FIRST achery buck and am darn proud of him! First person's I called or tried to call on cell was Burniegoeasliy and The Rev when he hit the ground so I am going to share with my HNI brothers now! Photography not the greatest but hey I was all alone. Look for my new thread...First buck and darn proud!
Okay, I'll post it for ya little buddy.. Congrats. Now all we have to do is double up next week in Oklahoma.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Bob but got thread up and going....ur a good guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.