Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How do I tell a good friend that he stole my spot? >

How do I tell a good friend that he stole my spot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do I tell a good friend that he stole my spot?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well if your lucky to get one deer all season, and a 10 pointer walks in front of your buddy, i thinkt thats damn right selfish to expect him to pass it up in hopes that maybe just maybe that deer will walk by your stand at the exact moment you are sitting there at the perfect distance. Spread the wealth. the only problem i would have is with him bringing a bunch of people. but laying down rules on a property that you do not own and only have permission to hunt seems a bit much. be respectful to him as hopefully he would be to you. seems like were hearing one side of the story from a pissed off person. the truth always gets stretrched during moments like this.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 AM
bigcountry

Thats just freakin wrong. I think I would take said friend out to the bar, start off the conversation with a shared beer, and explain to him why this is so wrong.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even if he and his friends take no deer, they aren't going to make things any easier for you running the deer out of there, stumbling all over the place ever time they sit for 10 minutes and get bored.

Tough break. You did right by helping the guy out, hope something better comes along to reward your charity.

I like Ricks idea, although you might give the woman a headache and she'll tell everybody to stay off. You weren't very good at picking your friends, you might not be seeing this woman as being open to confronting the other guy. Talking to the other guy seems the only answer.

My brother on the other hand would drag a deer past them every chance he got and it would be often. He likes to talk that way. It would include a nice buck or 2 or 3. Va. allows 3 for those keeping track. Doe's, 2 a day. Couple turkeys, a number of wild hogs... Then he'd bring in new freinds and hhmm. family and they'd do the same thanks to him. Man of few choice words.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd tell him hey look I got YOU on here not you and 10 other guys. Say either they go and you stay or you all go. Either way its your call and I don't want this crap again. I did you a favor and this is what I get back?

True friends will get what your saying and if not he'll be sore for a while at you then he'll get over it. Walk it off.

You have to draw the line and sometimes its a hard one to draw.

Ryan.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Spike

Sticky situation...but have to agree with what some of the others have said. Your friend had NO business going around you to get permission to hunt there (even if he did know the landowner), and then to bring his other friends along....that's outright WRONG. You were there first, and had been for awhile. I would talk to him, tell him it would be OK for him, and ONLY him to hunt there. You get a bunch of other folks wandering around in there and the deer are gonna vamoosh. As for what he can shoot, don't think you should try to control that.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tough spot, but I would let the guy know that if he brings anyone else in you'll never help him out again.
This is kinda like that line, "We'll if you're not dating her anymore, mind if I take a shot?"

It's against Man Law.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Spike

In my opinion, he would get one line from me and that line would be "Hey, whey did you steal my hunting spot". The future of our "friendship" would depend on his answer.

Who cares about his feelings and if you offend him or not. To keep people from walking all over you, sometimes you are going to have to ruffle a few feathers. Do you think he cares if you are offended that he jacked your hunting spot that you have been working on for the past 5 years, the same hunting spot that you brought him to kill his first deer? Doesn't sound like much of a friend. Sounds like someone I wouldn't fool with anymore.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have friends that I don't even know where I hunt. We hang out, shoot bows together, help each other with projects around the house, etc. But he hunts where he hunts, I hunt where I hunt. Sometimes not knowing is a good thing.

If that guy was my friend, I'd pop him in the mouth.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Spike

That is just wrong. I would discuss it with the land owner first. If you say something to him he will prolly run to her anyway. Thats what I would do.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to maybe contact the landowner first and not tell your friend that you did. She obviously gave permission for all his friends to hunt as well. So since only you and your "friend" are friends with her I would go to her and explain how you tried to help your "friend" out last year and get him a deer but now he is bringing in people that you don't know and you don't think that is right. She may side with you and ask the kid not to bring anyone else to hunt or she may not care. Either way your "friend" is an idiot and if the landowner doesn't decide to tell him not to bring the others again and is ok with everyone hunting then i'd confront him and tell him how it is and that even though I can't do anythign about it you a pos for bringing other people to a spot that I brought you too to get you your first deer........... BUCKS is not the point and to ask him not to shoot a buck is plain selfish and not the principle of the matter. Just tell him straight up you don't care, what he did was wrong and he should really fix it. WCL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.