HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/306184-rage-2-blade-3-blade.html)

IOWAWHITETAILS 10-07-2009 07:34 PM

RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade?

I currently shoot the Grim reaper.....I was just on rage's site and always thought about switching....I think there site just sold me!!

My questions is do u shoot the 2 or the 3 and why do u like it?

thanks for opinions.....IA

BowHunter28 10-07-2009 09:38 PM

2 blade, bigger cutting diameter they can put one heck of a hole through an animal, and i have heard sometimes the rage 3 blades don't expand fully.

I shot the buck in my avatar a little far back and when I found him half of his guts were hanging out of him, im not even exagerating thats how big of a hole the rage 2 blade put through him.

live2Draw 10-07-2009 09:50 PM

i like the 2 blade. i feel like pass throughs would be a little bit harder to come by with the three, as that is alot of surface area eating kinetic energy. i also sharpen mine, i dont think they are nearly sharp enough outta the box

African Boytjie 10-08-2009 12:29 AM

Do you want to see what the Rage 2-3 do with African Animals? Remeber, the animals in the US is as soft as teddy bears relating to our game in South Afirca
Shot on an Eland

Blood from a Wildebeest

Shot on a Impala

Shot on a Zebra

Northport buckslayr 10-08-2009 05:14 AM

The rage web site actually says you get better penetration from the 3 blade. The blade angle is a lot steeper, the 2 blade is almost 90 degrees.

IOWAWHITETAILS 10-08-2009 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr (Post 3467306)
The rage web site actually says you get better penetration from the 3 blade. The blade angle is a lot steeper, the 2 blade is almost 90 degrees.

Which one u shoot?

Northport buckslayr 10-08-2009 12:45 PM

I probably dont know what I am talking about since I have never shot either one, I just saw someone else say that they thought the two blade would penetrate better because it has less blade surface. I was thinking about trying rage awhile back and I remembered seeing on the website that they recommend the 3 blade for game any larger than deer because it penetrates better due to the steeper blade angle. I even e-mailed the company and they told me to shoot the three blade if I had less then 60 KE.

IOWAWHITETAILS 10-08-2009 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr (Post 3467779)
I probably dont know what I am talking about since I have never shot either one, I just saw someone else say that they thought the two blade would penetrate better because it has less blade surface. I was thinking about trying rage awhile back and I remembered seeing on the website that they recommend the 3 blade for game any larger than deer because it penetrates better due to the steeper blade angle. I even e-mailed the company and they told me to shoot the three blade if I had less then 60 KE.

LOL....

I called rage and they said 65 - 70 ke for the two blade and im shooting 69.5 ke...Alot of people like the muzzy fixed and heard good things from them butt it's just too close too the rut too start sighting in for a fixed blade.....I currently shoot the razortip Grim Reaper havent really heard anything bad about....maybe ill just keep shooting it..;) IA

lodiss 10-08-2009 04:37 PM

I used a Rage 3 blade last season. Holy cow, the entry hole was huge!

HOWEVER, I don't use the Rage broadhead anymore. I can NOT stand how they won't stay in their flight position. I found I always have to tuck them back in so they "fly like a broadhead". Trust me, it gets old and is a great opportunity to cut myself.

No thanks! Of course, it could have just been that particular package I bought and I don't know what I am talking about.

5 shot 10-09-2009 01:24 AM

I would take anything on the company site with a grain of salt. In my experience the 2 blade penetrates better and is a bit more user friendly. Both are good heads however. My personal choice would be the two blade though.

ManofTheFall 10-09-2009 02:35 AM

I've used the 2 blade since they came out. I love them!!!!! They make a huge hole. If you put the shot where it's suppose to be it will almost always be a pass through.

gnarly1 10-09-2009 08:27 AM

it all depends on KE and Momentum....my bow shoots 64-65 ft/lbs and I have complete pass thrus every time with the two blade rage. I also know someone that was shooting a drenalin at 65 lb draw and had trouble getting complete pass thrus with the 2 blade rage and switched to the tekan IIs with great results.

AfterLife 10-09-2009 11:38 AM

shot rage and dont like them

had problems
break or not open or only half way sometimes

and as a taxidermist - they are terrible lol
some people shoot them in the neck and want me mount

norajake 10-09-2009 06:25 PM

I saw this crazy video the other day when a guy on tv shot a regular broadhead at one milk jug then nocked an arrow with the rage and shot it at the other jug and drained the rage jug faster it was crazy. I just shot a small buck with a rage two blade and shot him high and far back broke two ribs on entry and one on exit im pretty sure i only nicked the liver and brought him down in 70 yards.