Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade? >

RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade?

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RAGE 2 blade or 3 blade?

I currently shoot the Grim reaper.....I was just on rage's site and always thought about switching....I think there site just sold me!!

My questions is do u shoot the 2 or the 3 and why do u like it?

thanks for opinions.....IA
Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

2 blade, bigger cutting diameter they can put one heck of a hole through an animal, and i have heard sometimes the rage 3 blades don't expand fully.

I shot the buck in my avatar a little far back and when I found him half of his guts were hanging out of him, im not even exagerating thats how big of a hole the rage 2 blade put through him.

Last edited by BowHunter28; 10-07-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

i like the 2 blade. i feel like pass throughs would be a little bit harder to come by with the three, as that is alot of surface area eating kinetic energy. i also sharpen mine, i dont think they are nearly sharp enough outta the box
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Spike

Do you want to see what the Rage 2-3 do with African Animals? Remeber, the animals in the US is as soft as teddy bears relating to our game in South Afirca
Shot on an Eland

Blood from a Wildebeest

Shot on a Impala

Shot on a Zebra
Old 10-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

The rage web site actually says you get better penetration from the 3 blade. The blade angle is a lot steeper, the 2 blade is almost 90 degrees.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr
The rage web site actually says you get better penetration from the 3 blade. The blade angle is a lot steeper, the 2 blade is almost 90 degrees.
Which one u shoot?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I probably dont know what I am talking about since I have never shot either one, I just saw someone else say that they thought the two blade would penetrate better because it has less blade surface. I was thinking about trying rage awhile back and I remembered seeing on the website that they recommend the 3 blade for game any larger than deer because it penetrates better due to the steeper blade angle. I even e-mailed the company and they told me to shoot the three blade if I had less then 60 KE.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Northport buckslayr
I probably dont know what I am talking about since I have never shot either one, I just saw someone else say that they thought the two blade would penetrate better because it has less blade surface. I was thinking about trying rage awhile back and I remembered seeing on the website that they recommend the 3 blade for game any larger than deer because it penetrates better due to the steeper blade angle. I even e-mailed the company and they told me to shoot the three blade if I had less then 60 KE.

LOL....

I called rage and they said 65 - 70 ke for the two blade and im shooting 69.5 ke...Alot of people like the muzzy fixed and heard good things from them butt it's just too close too the rut too start sighting in for a fixed blade.....I currently shoot the razortip Grim Reaper havent really heard anything bad about....maybe ill just keep shooting it.. IA
Old 10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

I used a Rage 3 blade last season. Holy cow, the entry hole was huge!

HOWEVER, I don't use the Rage broadhead anymore. I can NOT stand how they won't stay in their flight position. I found I always have to tuck them back in so they "fly like a broadhead". Trust me, it gets old and is a great opportunity to cut myself.

No thanks! Of course, it could have just been that particular package I bought and I don't know what I am talking about.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take anything on the company site with a grain of salt. In my experience the 2 blade penetrates better and is a bit more user friendly. Both are good heads however. My personal choice would be the two blade though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.