Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

muzzy or rage?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Exclamation muzzy or rage?

im torn between 2 broadheads. im in love with fixed blades. my muzzys have always shot well outta my bow. but lately ppl have been telling me about the rage 2 and 3 blade. im startin to like the rage but dont wana leave my muzzys...

whatd you guys think?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your Muzzy's shoot well out of your bow and they kill deer......but hey, I understand that people want variety and change. Do what you feel is right. Heck, both heads will kill a deer if they are placed in the boiler room. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are happy with the Muzzy you are using now,why switch? Now that being said, I have used Muzzys for the last few years, and I switched to the 2 blade rage this year. I wont get into why I switched, but I have my reasons. I have not shotanything with the age yet, so not sure how I will like them, but I will say this, they sure fly nice.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

you could always use both, i keep tekans and thunderheads in my quiver.... some days i feel one will work better, i dont know why but i like being able to choose
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend switched to rage 2 blades the same reason you did. And he has killed 2 Doe with them....he shoots a Drenlin at 68# and 30" draw...not one of those rages blew through completly. Im not a fan of them, I use the muzzy, but if you like them, then switch. But I stick with what works.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

grim reaper
Old 10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know that the Muzzy is not in this video but there are similar heads featured. Watch the video and you make the decision on which one you would want on the end of your arrow should you accidentally hit a shoulder blade of a big buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0
Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perfect, now I know what to use for barrel hunting.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

That isn't the point of the test. We obviously don't hunt barrels but this test shows you exactly what your chosen broadhead will do on an accidental shoulder shot on a big animal. Plan for the worst case scenario.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My two cents...like most broadheads now they are over priced. 10 to 15 dollars a head is getting crazy. I got the two blade Rage and was going to use them for turkeys but ended up trying one a doe. Well, I hit just a little back and hit the liver. I had to take up the tracking job the next morning. Three hours latter after getting on my hands and knees at times I found the doe....unfortunately the coyotes found it first. So whats this tell us....That a marginal hit will not somehow turn into a great shot. I will be shooting my trusty Muzzys as I have for many years. They never once let me down when I do my part.....just like the rage or any other head will. I like the fact I get 6 Muzzys for the price of 3 Rages. So....if you just want to try something different, yet over priced, go for it. They will not work magic but they will work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.