Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

muzzy or rage?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
So you advocate switching arrows depending on the situation? What the hell kind of sense does that make?
If Im in my blind and a deer walks within 10 yrds of my blind, I will most likely shoot the muzzy, mostly due to shooting thru mesh. If Im in a stand and have a 20-30 yrd shot, no mesh, I will definately shoot a rage.

Whats so hard to understand that. Also whats that about switching arrows? All six of mine are Gold tip 7595's set up for the each BH on the arrow. Is that confusing to you? Would you shoot a mechanical thru mesh?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my 3-blade, 100 grain Muzzys.

I must admit that I had the same thought about switching to Rage. I guess it is because of all of the hype and attention they are receiving. You guys have convinced me to stick with what works (for me) - Muzzy. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

yeah im with roger stv i think im guna stick with my muzzys. thanks for the help guys
Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

G5 Montec

Never used the Rages. I do like the three blade muzzy's though. Shot those b4 I switched to the Montec's.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbucks98
im torn between 2 broadheads. im in love with fixed blades. my muzzys have always shot well outta my bow. but lately ppl have been telling me about the rage 2 and 3 blade. im startin to like the rage but dont wana leave my muzzys...

whatd you guys think?
For the life me I can't understand why you would switch anything that is working for you. Rages are more expensive and not found as easily in a bind as Muzzy's. If you love your fixed Muzzys why would you consider switching? Rages won't kill a deer any deader than a Muzzy. More to go wrong with Rages also.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I use muzzy and have never had an issue. I dont use mechanicals. Mainly because I dont shot a compound much. But when I do, it is a fixed head. I gave lots of mechanicals a try, but was not very impressed. NOt sure about rage, never used them. Probably wont ever.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Hoyt_Viper
BOTH,

I have two rages and two Muzzy's in my quiver. If I feel like its a closer shot and an awkward posture of the deer usually in my blind, I will use the bone smashing, cutter of the muzzy, but if its a broad side at 20, the Rage will leave a blood trail directly to him, minus a steak from the butchered meat.!
I cant help but ask, why? YOu switch arrows for a "give me" shot and/or switch to another for a marginal shot? Seems like it would make more sense to simply use the best broadhead. And trust me, Muzzy will leave just as good a blood trail as any head on the market.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 10-09-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
I cant help but ask, why? YOu switch arrows for a "give me" shot and/or switch to another for a marginal shot? Seems like it would make more sense to simply use the best broadhead. And trust me, Muzzy will leave just as good a blood trail as any head on the market.
The only marginal shot I would have to consider is shooting through mesh on my blind. I would not trust the mechanicals,although I agree with you about the Muzzy's and their deadly impact.

To me, a confident and ethical shot is always in the forefront of my shot, and I must admit Im torn between the Rage and Muzzy. I honestly dont trust my Muzzy for any more than a 20-30 yrd shot, while my rage I feel confident out to 40. You are free to comment on my style, but my track record shows that I am doing what I feel comfortable doing, and thats slaying deer.

I have tried to improve my longer shots with my Muzzy's and I am continuing to have to aim high and right for them to hit their mark at 30 or longer. I did change my arrows this year, and perhaps that has changed my tip weight slightly, but Im happy with how and when I shoot.

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 10-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Well if you like muzzy's so much. Just buy some slick tricks and use those. There like a muzzy but are way tougher.

Last edited by tschammel; 10-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

seems like everyone has got the rage bug now, i am still sticking to my WASP HAMMER SST broadheads though...for now...wait, what is the new NAP bloodrunner like???

Decisions, decisions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.