Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz >

Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz

Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

WOW, thanks for all of the help guys, I really appreciate it. You guys gave me some good ideas. I was looking online and found something called a game bag, not sure if anyone has heard of them or used them? If so how do they work? do they leak or what? Thanks again for all of the response!

-Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

joemr1288, it's not as hard as you think. I have a 2000 Saturn SL2 (4 door) and can, and have, get two people, two climbers, two bows, two back packs, and at least one deer in that car.

The climbers slide down to the floor between the back seat and front seats, skinny side down on the floor board and cables up and over the rear seats.

Two bows and packs go in the back seats under the cables of the stands.

Two does or one good sized buck can fit in the trunk if you squeeze them in just right.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 1997 cavalier 4 cyl. that I had a hitch on and pulled a 14ft jon boat around...thats what I would do If I were you, buy a small utility trailer and install a hitch.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just quarter them up, throw them in my backpack and put it all in the trunk.
I can fit two peoples hunting gear and two deer in a Dodge Neon.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by joemr1288
WOW, thanks for all of the help guys, I really appreciate it. You guys gave me some good ideas. I was looking online and found something called a game bag, not sure if anyone has heard of them or used them? If so how do they work? do they leak or what? Thanks again for all of the response!

-Joe
I believe the game bag is really made for like backcountry hunters who carry animals long distances...I believe their only real purpose is keeping flies, dirt and debris off the carcass so it doesn't get tainted by this stuff...I may be wrong but I was looking into them for this exact purpuse..before I just decided to put my deer in the trunk...and that's what I found.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

buddy of minehauled his home in the trunk of his beemer. i would do the trailer hitch or ask santa for a pickup
Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an 06 Cobalt and have no problem stuffing a deer in the trunk. I had a 98 Neon. I had no issues stuffing a dee rin the trunk. Just get yourself some tarps and youre all set
Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I brought my first deer home in the trunk of my friend's mother's 1980-ish Tercel. We had some plastic, and also had large trash bags and duct tape. It was a bit of a pain, but it worked.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said. I don't think you will have a problem putting an average sized deer into a trunk of a small car. Before rigor mortis sets in a deer can quite easily be manipulated to fit into most any vehicles trunk.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by live2Draw
In ohio, the deer has to be whole upon checking it i believe. skining it and quartering it out sounds like a viable option otherwise....hmm
I have learned the best way to transport em though (as i have a 2000 cavalier) is to know a friend with a truck
Good news 2011 will bring in automated check in and that means quarter and pack. I for one think it's long over due. Hunt other places that have it and it's great. No more draging over who knows what for who knows how far.

You can do it as soon as your standing over it or with in the next 24 hrs. It should some how included filling out a tag and distorting in some way for a permanent mark.

If Mi doesn't have it make some noise to get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.