Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bow hunter needing advice on shooting >

New bow hunter needing advice on shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow hunter needing advice on shooting

Old 10-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the information! I know I'm not gripping the bow...I'm thinking my sights might be a smidge off at the longer distance. I agree that my shots should be under 20 yards if possible, I just want the confidence of knowing that I can make the longer shot. I shouldn't worry since most of my kills with a rifle have been 40 or less!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Spike

Everyone else is right to stay in that 20-30 yard comfort zone, but it is good to have a 45 yard sight just incase. One of two reasons it might be doing this is because you might not be on laevel ground, that plays a big role in sighting it in. Another reason might be the distance. If you are at a distance then that arrow has more time to mess up, but if your pulling enough it should go straight. if you are pulling enough and it's doing that then get it paper tuned that may be the problem, just guessing though.