Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need input...Mathews Monster >

Need input...Mathews Monster

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need input...Mathews Monster

Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Need input...Mathews Monster

So i bought a DXT last year, and its in perfect condition. I went to my bow shop and they said i could get wholesale for it($450ish) and the monster there is 750. I just so happened to sell my old truck tires to a friend and now have $200 cash....so heres the question...should i trade up to the monster or stick with the dxt and buy other hunting supplies?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Spike

depends if you like the bow and feel comfortable with it. You could buy lots of cool toys with the money. I would buy a light wieght climber if I had the money
Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

If the dxt can kill deer keep it and buy hunting supplies. in my mind thats whats more important. i dont really see how the other bow can be too much better at that than the one you have now. and besides, i havent shot the monster but its in its first year of production being a mathews dual cam bow and all. id wait for them to get the kinks out in their second or third year of it personally.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Spike

Why fix what's not broken? I feel that shooting good has a lot to do in confidence with what you are shooting, not the most expensive bow.

I heard the monster is a "monster" to shoot.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id keep your DXT....huge fan of Mathews, hate the Reezen and Monster. I know a company must continue with inovations and such, but they missed the mark IMO.

Last edited by solocamcan; 10-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I've personally shot the monster and that it was the worst design mathews has ever came out with. I have a few friends that are head over heels with the mathews name, so they both bought the monster, (one had the DXT and the other had the Switchback), they both paid top dollar for them and now have them for sale. THEY HATE the bow, although I told them what I thought it didn't seem to matter. I have never laughed so HARD!!! Some people and their unspoken pledge with a certain company!! Cracked me right up..
This is what they say: 1st the bow is not realistic for hunting from a treestand, especially for whitetails. The reason being that if you ever get into the situation when you need to let your bow up, the monster will rip your pull arm so hard that the arrow that you are shooting will end up launching somewhere... Not to mention the terriable back ache you now have.
2nd. who needs a bow that shoots that fast, honestly???
3rd. if you like shoot your bow for fun, good luck with the monster because you'll be lucky to shoot a dozen times before your ready for a nap..
4th. If you went where it is cold good luck pulling that bow at the crack of daylight when its 15 degrees!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stick with the DXT.. cant beat it.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by diamondrack
Some people and their unspoken pledge with a certain company!!

About like your profile name and signature huh???
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Monster 60 lb., a Pearson Z32 and a Bowtech Tribute. I hunt from treestands and the Z32 is my hunting bow. Smoother than the others and fast enough. If you are serious about a Monster, try to shoot someones from a treestand and then make your decision. I like the Monster but not in a treestand.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have the dxt I bought new last year ... best damn shooting bow I have had in my opinion... that said while I was down getting my grand son his mission menace ,whose the greatest grandpa ever ... i am, I shot the rheason and the monster ... Monster is about right.... reminds me of the old double cam speed bows of the 80s not fun at all....the rheason is a little better but to be honest i think mathews went backwards in quality this model year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.