Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What climber do you bowhunt from?? >

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Spike

real happy with my LW sit & climb....
Old 10-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Spike

timbertall treestands. you can get a model as light as 13.5 lbs and can adjust it to stay level as the tree gets smaller
Old 10-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Spike

www.timbertalloutdoors.com
Old 10-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

I use the summit goliath, big with lots of room and easy to shoot out of. The only problem i have with my summit though is its too comfy, at times i fall asleep and i wish i could stay awake more but some of those early mornings just get to you.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Lone Wolf S & C and it is very light weight, easy to pack and use. Its on the high end of the price line but in my opinion it is worth every penny.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe no one mentioned TreeWalker stands. That is my next climber. I've done alot of research this past year, and (for me) this one has it all.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/index.asp

If you search on ArcheryTalk...there's a ton of info on it. They love it over there.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hoyt3
I've had an equalizer for 4 years now and other than replacing the seat with a summit seat, I'd hunt from no other climber. The fact that you can adjust your level on the fly is a feature I'll never go without again.

I have juggled the idea around in my mind several times of going with one of these.

The only times I have ever been uncomfortable in a climber (of any kind) is when the platform is not level... it makes you stand on a hill of sorts all day long.... it sucks.

I currently have a summit open shot... and its a great stand.... 15#s... very comfortable... very easy to climb with... very quiet.... the open shot deluxe (only one currently being made) is even better because the seat folds up like on a lock on stand.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

the summit viper ss
I love it, very comfortable and as long as you stand or are standing the bar is no problem. Even helps to rest the bottom of your bow on for those long waits while he comes closer. I also have the open front which is also comfy but a little more difficult to climb with. I 've got to get a set of stirrups.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the summit razor ss. It is very comfortable and well made. the bar swinging out of the way is a nice feature. when the bar is up i wish it stuck out a little further and didn't drop down at a slight angle . sometimes i leave the bar up so i can lean against it and that is why i don't like the drop but if you swing out off the way it is a great stand