Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What climber do you bowhunt from?? >

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

i have a summit viper. its my favorite stand hands down.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used a few different climbers. When I purchased my LW Alpha hang on I sold my climber and use the LW Alpha and Sticks. They will go in ANY tree a climber will and then some. For me, being very mobile, rarely sit in the same tree more than 2X, this set up is top notch and a breeze to hang. Here in Wisconsin I have to take my stands down after each sit, this set up is perfect for the mobile hunter!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit gets my vote I have had them forever and they are light, quiet, easy to use and very comfortable. They use to make more models without the rest I wouldn't want that option if you have to get it and take it off. I have 2 viper models
Old 10-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

if your looking for in expensive sportsmansguide.com has a climber and you can have it at your door for 93 dollars and some change. now I want to get one just havent yet.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

i bought mine from a guy that shot pool in my dad's league about 10 years ago, the only markings on it, other than the safety tag, say SB with an antler logo...no clue who makes it, but man, it has taken me places and experienced some of the best moments of my life
Old 10-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by norajake
if your looking for in expensive sportsmansguide.com has a climber and you can have it at your door for 93 dollars and some change. now I want to get one just havent yet.
Got one of these this summer and got to use it this past weekend. I am very satisfied, especially considering the price. It's my first climber so I can't compare it to anything, but for the price I don't think you can beat it.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any experience with many of the stands mentioned here but I do have a tree lounge with the bowhunting adaptor that I have used for many seasons now. I have several hang on style stands and my tree lounge is by far the most comfortable stand I have ever set in. It is a bit cumbersome but once you get it set up it's quiet, and comfy and I've killed many deer out of mine without any problems of it cracking, squeaking, or popping when you shift your weight. JMO
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

i use a viper ss...

i love it...

packing it and setting it up takes a little practice...but once you get your own method down, you can do it in the dark and quiet as ever...

im pretty darn sure i dont pack mine how they show...mainly because i have the front gear bag and like to attach my coat and pack to the stand...

ive made dark to dark sits on many occassions in that stand...heck, most those sits i hardly stood up..might not be the MOST comfortable, but its comfy enough!

my only complaint would be its a tadddd tight when im bundled up and got stuff in my pockets...but, im not a tiny guy...and even when im bundled up in thick clothes and pockets bulging, i can still sit no problem and stand no problem..with light gear on i have tons of room...

its not super heavy but ive never carried anything else to compare it to..i just know i dont have a problem with the weight and made mile and a half hikes with it, a coat and pack on my back...

the front rail IMO is something i dont think i will ever do without...makes climbing MUCH easier..lift the top portion upto your butt, sit on the bar, raise the bottom with your feet and stand up and raise the top portion again...and it makes me feel very safe..i hunted from many stands without the front bar and much rather have it..for security, and i like to lay my bow on it so its right there in my hand...if i take a nap i'll usually hang the bow up...(yes i nap in the stand lol...often!) but like to keep it right there in my hand...i also hang the front pouch from that bar and i LOVE the front pouch..i can keep the essentials right there infront of me and it blocks movement and keeps my gear right there..no standing and reaching for the grunt tube or water bottle or binocs or whatever..i keep my tie off rope and hangers in there as well so theres no digging around for that stuff in the dark...it also blocks movement..im somewhat fidgity with my hands..

the front bar doesnt get in the way at all of shooting if you stand up...i can shoot 360 degrees around the tree standing...if the bar is in the way standing it would be straight down..which im not worried about taking anyways...the bar can get in the way sitting for sure..but, i rather stand to shoot..and prime movement times im standing just to be ready...if i raised the seat up higher i could likely shoot sitting down in more positions than i can currently..but i like how i have it set and am not worried about what i cant shoot sitting down..if you can twist around to make the shot sitting you may as well stand up IMO...

im pleased with my viper...only modification was the front bag and a spray job..cant standddd the color of factory tree stands...a tri color camo job took care of it..though most of it is covered in padding and their summit skin....i camoed it before i applied all that..
good luck...
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Spike

Summit climbers by far the best on the market - IMO
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks so much guys for all your input/suggestions. Still not 100% sure but leaning towards the summit razor ss right now. Summit seems to be the popular pick here. The razor is pretty much identical to the viper but allows you to move the front bar out of the way, which is something i REALLY like. Still not decided yet so feel free to still give more suggestions. Thanx again guys for the advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.