Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What climber do you bowhunt from?? >

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Spike

I have a ol'man climber. Works great and it is one of lightest in the market.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanx for the suggestions guys!! I looked at the summit open shot-i like the weight and no bar features but it looks like it mite lack in the comfort dept. I plan on hunting all day every day for 10 days when i go so comfort is goin to be important. I dont want a sore ass keepin me out of the woods or having to get down. Please keep the suggestions coming.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I just picked up the Summit Open Shot. So far I love it. I like the fact that it has no rail and the seat flips up. It is comfortable to sit in from what I have experienced so far. November will be the real test for those all day sits. If I could change 1 thing about it, it would be a little more foot room.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

You won't beat a summit for comfort (vs. anything else I'd care to carry in).

I wish you luck on your choice.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Goliath. I love it.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

i can take my gorillla anywhere and everywhere, put it more places then a ground blind lol there awesome.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt out of a simple Quiet zone climber less than $100. 20#'s and I just put new back pack straps on it, and as a matter of fact I climber a huge poplar today that I barely wrapped my arms around. It does the job, and the seat is like sitting at the office. The only aftermarket thing I did was addd a bungie cord at the foot inserts to be able to pull up instead of losing a foot or both while climbing. Oh, be sure to tie off platform and climber to exact length of you so that if one falls, you can grab it.

I carry a backpack, and put the climber on my back firts, then my pack. I have ben known to walk over a mile to a good stand with mine...quiet and average weight with big platform and paddded rails all the way around.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Summit for me.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hoyt3
I've had an equalizer for 4 years now and other than replacing the seat with a summit seat, I'd hunt from no other climber. The fact that you can adjust your level on the fly is a feature I'll never go without again.
X10 The BEST stand I ever used. I also have a Lone Wolf! Solid stand as well! But the Equalizer is a GREAT stand!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have a LW Hand Climber and I recently switched to 4 sticks and a trophyline tree saddle. I hardly ever use the hand climber anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.