Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What climber do you bowhunt from?? >

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What climber do you bowhunt from??

Old 10-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

API Bowhunter.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

you have to be mindfull of the bar on the viper. sit your top portion low enough so you dont hit it with your cam if you shoot straight down. I usually keep it about knee high when i stand up.

I got a new summit razor, but havent had a chance to use it yet. Will use it saturday morning . It has the swing-away rest that you sit on when climbing, and fold back when in position. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Summit Viper and am very pleased with it. I, personally, like the bar in the front...gives me something to lean against if needed. You most likely wouldn't be leaning out farther than that anyway. Very fast up and down a tree, easy set up and the most comfortable stand I hunt out of. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an API Grand Slam Super Star. It has a fold down bar to keep it open in front for bowhunting once you get set-up. It works pretty good for me.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvOHIOfan
API Bowhunter.
Two thumbs up here brother!!! I also have the Bowhunter by API. Caught it on sale at the bass pro a few years ago and have not had a single problem with it. Its right up the middle, price and weight wise. It packs and sets up easy. And I can sit all day in it without a problem. And it only has bars on the side so you have some piece of mind safety wise without having the full bar in front of you.. which is what I like the most.... just my two cents
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Lonewolf Sit and Climb. It took me a little while to get used to it but I really like it better than any of the others. It is really nice to swing the bar out of the way for shooting and the stabilizer straps make the top section rock solid. The platform is simply the best due to the cast aluminum construction. Packing in is sweet, it is great to pack in and quiet. I bought the Wide model, a little more money but it's worth it. I like the fact that you don't have to have any straps or stirrups on the platform. The traction belts are quiet and easy to deal with too.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have a older API from bass pro Grand Slam I believe, have use it for about 10 years. Then I thought I would try a LW hand climber, it wasn't for me. I see a lot of folks on here like them ? Can't understand why ? I'm 5 5'10 and weigh 235 and 50 years old I had a terrible time trying to pull myself up the tree with that stand, maybe others who like it are younger, lighter, and more fit than a 50 year old man. It also bent on me the second time I tried to use it. I took it back and traded in for a Summit Razor which is a super nice stand but doesn't pack as well as the API grand slam because of the cables. I like the API rubber coded chains because they pack better. Both stands are light and very comfortable. I would also look at the OLD Man Climber they seem light and comfortable as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I love my LW sit and climb.

But for your purposes....I'd look at the Summit Open Shot.

It's lighter...and no rail.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Two thumbs up here brother!!! I also have the Bowhunter by API. Caught it on sale at the bass pro a few years ago and have not had a single problem with it. Its right up the middle, price and weight wise. It packs and sets up easy. And I can sit all day in it without a problem. And it only has bars on the side so you have some piece of mind safety wise without having the full bar in front of you.. which is what I like the most.... just my two cents
Yes sir! Now if only I can get you to switch to a Matthews! lol

Best of luck this year!!

No matter WHAT type of stand we sit in this year I hope that something that looks like this walks under all of them!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a summit openshot that I'm trying to sell. If you want to try one with out the front bar let me know and maybe we can arrange a meet somewhere in the middle, if you want to try it the offer stands if not then that's fine by me also. Just send me a pm if your interested.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.