Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
It never ceases to amaze me >

It never ceases to amaze me

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It never ceases to amaze me

Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It never ceases to amaze me

It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely quiet a whitetail can be,I mean ABSOLUTELY SILENT.

Here's what I mean I was sitting in my ladder stand 2 days ago it's set up on a heavily used creek crossing that is like a superhighway for the deer on my place I would call it a chokepoint as it is the only crossing they can use easily and they use it a lot.So I'm sitting there really paying attention(so I thought)it was dry and the squirrels were making a lot of noise moving in the leaves so I really thought I would hear a deer walking if the squirrels were making noise.I pull my binoculars up to take a look at a distant tree line where there was some movement,I'm scanning back and forth on the tree line looking for the source of the movement I cannot identify what the movement was so I put my binos down and suddenly STOMP,SNORT,WHITETAIL MIDDLE FINGER bouncing thru the woods.There was a doe standing not more than 10 yds from my stand she had came in while I was scanning the treeline and I never heard a rustle,a snap of a twig,nothing.I had not been looking for more than a minute or a minute and a half and she came right up on me and I never heard a thing.Whitetail are in a word AMAZING and I never cease to be impressed by their ability to be(at least it seems to me)completely silent when they want to be.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Been there had that happen!! Thank god for you it was just a doe and not MR. BIG. That really sucks!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Spike

STOMP,SNORT,WHITETAIL MIDDLE FINGER bouncing thru the woods

OMG that was so funny
Old 10-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Spike

i like the middle finger part.........lol
next time you or a buddy get one check out how 'soft' the bottom of their feet are - talking about the part inside of the hard hoove of course
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

been there....shi**y!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tazed2 View Post
STOMP,SNORT,WHITETAIL MIDDLE FINGER bouncing thru the woods

OMG that was so funny

If ya think about it that's exactly what it looks like when they are bouncing away from you down thru the woods
Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

had the same thing happen Saturaday morning.....was a little wet here, which seems to cover all sound.