Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The wait is killing me!! >

The wait is killing me!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The wait is killing me!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
I shot a doe last night at last light 52 yard shot open feild and sure I gut shot her. I work third shift so I scanned the area quickly and found nothing so I went home to get ready for work. This night is dragging by cause I want to get out and recover my deer! So hopefully this morning since I let her go she did not go far and it will be easy to recover.
Let me clear one more thing up I say I shot at last light there was plenty of light it was an open feild shot and still within shooting hours . I meant it by saying light was fading and it was getting late but I had no trouble with seeing next time I will be real clear!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats twild. I'm with you. I'd take that shot 99 of 100 times but if the circumstances aren't what I want them to be. I won't shoot. Period. And just cause some of you other guys wouldn't take that shot doesn't mean he isn't comfortable with it. To each his own. And I'm onboard with you on this one.

Ryan.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

twildasin,

Congrats on your recovery and great shot.

Shoot at the distance you are comfortable with.

Wayne
Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
First off deer is recovered. Sorry for no pictures I don't have a computer I use my iPhone.

With several thousand posts, that iPhone must be about worn out LOL

Congrats on finding her.

Love to see some pics

Last edited by crokit; 10-07-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people jump on someone for their shooting distances, equipment etc. I too would have no problem takin this shot under the described conditions. The deer was relaxed feeding, he knew the exact yardage, and the deer was in a field meaning nothing for the arrow to hit. everyones comfortable and efficent shooting range differs!!! Under different conditions (deer is alert, in the woods, high winds, unknown exact yardage) this would be a bad shot, but here i see nothing wrong with it. I have killed several deer 50+ yards under identical conditions. Ive also had bad hits and misses on deer under 30yds. Distance is not always the make or break factor in a good/bad shot nor is equipment. Sometimes **** happens and we dont make the best shot. I never see anyone on her bit#*ing out someone who gut shot there deer at 20yds or with a fixed head-why is that?It must not happen, yeah right!! Twildasin- kudos too you for trusting your ability and equipment and making a great shot and successful recovery.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
..........Sometimes **** happens and we dont make the best shot. I never see anyone on her bit#*ing out someone who gut shot there deer at 20yds or with a fixed head-why is that?It must not happen, yeah right!!

So far, as for me,- KNOCK ON WOOD- it hasn't! But, like you said, I can attribute that to " sometimes .....happens " that way.

I make no apologies for my belief that. IMHO, an archer should shoot the heaviest arrow/broadhead he can, accurately. Then again, just as I don't agree with baiting, I honor the " to each his own " philosophy. I don't expect everyone to share my ethics, nor should they of me. Once again, that's the way s..t happens.

Last edited by crokit; 10-07-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by rh160kid
It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people jump on someone for their shooting distances, equipment etc. I too would have no problem takin this shot under the described conditions. The deer was relaxed feeding, he knew the exact yardage, and the deer was in a field meaning nothing for the arrow to hit. everyones comfortable and efficent shooting range differs!!! Under different conditions (deer is alert, in the woods, high winds, unknown exact yardage) this would be a bad shot, but here i see nothing wrong with it. I have killed several deer 50+ yards under identical conditions. Ive also had bad hits and misses on deer under 30yds. Distance is not always the make or break factor in a good/bad shot nor is equipment. Sometimes **** happens and we dont make the best shot. I never see anyone on her bit#*ing out someone who gut shot there deer at 20yds or with a fixed head-why is that?It must not happen, yeah right!! Twildasin- kudos too you for trusting your ability and equipment and making a great shot and successful recovery.
Good post.

Like I said on the phone Tim, congratulations.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by crokit
With several thousand posts, that iPhone must be about worn out LOL

Congrats on finding her.

Love to see some pics
Just for the record the iPhone is new and it is awsome! There was a time not to long ago I was not posting cause my computer fried like chicken. We do have another laptop but it's my wifes for college so I do not use it for my personal use! When I save enough $$ I will buy a new one but with three kids and a wife in school this phone is my laptop I love it!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Tim:

Congrats. Did you not look for your arrow at the POI before going to work?

Let's see some pics!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Tim:

Congrats. Did you not look for your arrow at the POI before going to work?

Let's see some pics!
Jeff,
I did look for the arrow however I found it by backtracking after I found her. It was a out 20 yards from where she crashed must of hung up in intestines on exit and fell out there! As for pictures as I said before that's tough right now, however my wife is gonna do a download on my phone so I can insert photos! I will be getting a ner puter sometime soon here I hope so I will be able to share with everyone. I have not even been able to post trail cam photos.
Thanks to all and good luck out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.