HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First of 2009 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/306068-first-2009-a.html)

solocamcan 10-06-2009 06:51 PM

First of 2009

Okay, go ahead and rip on the "Florida Like Size" of this Illinois GIANT!!!! LOL.

I am going to tell the story anyways...It had rained most of the day here and around 1pm it slowed to a mist. Even with the wind gusting up to 30mph I thought maybe the deer might move since it had been raining most of the day and since stopped.

I get in my tree at 3:30 and was 2nd guessing myself while riding the tree rodeo. The millions of squirrels kept me occupied until I really start scanning for movement, but even that was difficult with the wind we had.

At 5:45 I was looking behind me checking the area, then turned back to look out front, and there she was 50 yards away and coming my way. I had no shot because she was walking in a straight line to my tree, but when she got a mere 5 yards away, she turned to go around my tree. I did the old Doe bleat with my mouth and stopped her, I put my pin up high because of the extreme angle....WACK!!!!

I got down after 20 mins because I was loosing daylight, found my arrow which was covered in both blood and stomach matter...what the heck did I do? I follwed a very light blood trail for about 20 yards then lost it amongst the wet leaves. I grid searched a 50 yard square looking for any trace of blood, and then I saw her....dead. She ran 40 yards is all. I took out 1 lung and went out her stomach and some of her insides had plugged up the exit hole preventing blood to leak out.

That 1st close encounter of the year sure made her LOOK alot bigger than she is, but I found her, and she will be tasty!!!!

LittleChief 10-06-2009 06:55 PM

Congratulations! Man, I HATE gutting a stomach shot deer. That's got to be one of the worst things I've ever done.

solocamcan 10-06-2009 07:26 PM

It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But man oh man was she full of blood and clots....looked liked 3 cans of canned cranberries floating around in there. Those Muzzy's are wicked.

dyb3and88 10-07-2009 01:30 AM

WTG, glad you found her. She should be nice and tender

Western MA Hunter 10-07-2009 04:00 AM

Nice work... congrats!

Pops423 10-07-2009 06:48 AM

Solocam, Nice doe. Congrats.

bowfly 10-07-2009 07:06 AM

nothing florida size about her, she ain't 60lbs is she???

hahaha, glad it worked out for you...i agree with little chief, that smell is something awful

congrats though man

mossberghunter93 10-07-2009 09:14 AM

Congrats!!

solocamcan 10-07-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bowfly (Post 3466153)
nothing florida size about her, she ain't 60lbs is she???

hahaha, glad it worked out for you...i agree with little chief, that smell is something awful

congrats though man

Ummmm....I pled the 5th. LOL

PreacherTony 10-07-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by LittleChief (Post 3465746)
Congratulations! Man, I HATE gutting a stomach shot deer. That's got to be one of the worst things I've ever done.

LC ...really? You need to get out more!:wink: