Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where are all the doe? >

Where are all the doe?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where are all the doe?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Where are all the doe?

I don't know where all the doe's are on my place? I've gotten 13 different bucks on trail camera this past 2 weeks and maybe 4 or 5 doe. Since season opened i've hunted every morning and every evening and seen my bachelor groups most every nite. However I've only seen 3 doe while hunting. I was planning on shooting a doe early this season but now i'm hesitate to do so since their not showing up like usual. Anyone got any ideas on this? Should I still take a doe? I'm thinkin if the doe don't start showing up my bucks might leave for the rut to find some. And if they stay then I'm guessing there is gonna be alot of fighting!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

maybe a chupacabra ate them all

sorry, i am stumped
Old 10-06-2009, 03:09 PM
bigcountry

Its a good problem to have. Same boat here. For the last few years, I have not seen many mature does. Only fawns and first year. Rest are bucks. Can't figure it out.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Its a good problem to have. Same boat here. For the last few years, I have not seen many mature does. Only fawns and first year. Rest are bucks. Can't figure it out.
Same thing here. Not as many Does as in the past. I passed on a Big Mature Doe and shot one of her little ones with her, the little doe is gonna be tasty!. I figured the big one will have twins again next year!