Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
shoulder shot??? >

shoulder shot???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoulder shot???

Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a water source, maybe he somehow made it there.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

bigcountry

Your saying a fixed BH Would have a pass thru on a shoulder? 69.5 KE

1shotkill1993

There a creek that runs through the back side of the land but this deer was heading away from it into the corn.

I was out for 3 hrs today searching thru the corn....found nothing.
The arrow was broke off 5 1/2 inches up from the BH. This deer dead or alive?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by IOWAWHITETAILS
bigcountry

Your saying a fixed BH Would have a pass thru on a shoulder? 69.5 KE
Yep, its a risky shot no matter what. A good cut on contact is the ticket if you need to take that shot. I feel 100% confident with penetration with a decent head, but hate the shot due to lack of blood even with penetration.

I mean its your deer, but I did a very simular thing with spitfires 1999. Made up my mind I would only use fixed. Never regretted.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
Probably got one lung, maybe. Not gonna find much blood though. He may have avioded the corn. I've had hit deer go straight in it and I've had some go around it. If it didn't come out of the corn before you shot it most likely (from my experience) it won't run into the corn. Best option is to do some searches but a single lung deer can go a long ways before they decide to stop. Never know may find it in the corn when it gets combined also. WCL

Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Yep, its a risky shot no matter what. A good cut on contact is the ticket if you need to take that shot. I feel 100% confident with penetration with a decent head, but hate the shot due to lack of blood even with penetration.

I mean its your deer, but I did a very simular thing with spitfires 1999. Made up my mind I would only use fixed. Never regretted.

Ill keep a fixed blade in mind....What do u shoot?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

i know you are not asking me iowa about the fixed blade, but i throw a WASP HAMMER SST 100gr, have been for a long time, since I was 17, so 10 years now, and it is simply awesome

my PA doe this past saturday was slightly quartering away, i put it THROUGH her 5th rib bone on the right hand side, and between the 3 and 4th rib on the left hand side

i pull 60lb draw weight
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by IOWAWHITETAILS
Ill keep a fixed blade in mind....What do u shoot?
I shoot several. Best pentration head is magnus 2 blade. I think the muzzy phantoms are great. Montecs are probably toughest out there. But I didn't like the sharpness or wounds they made. But I did shoot 5 deer with the same head. Still spins great. I moved to griztricks this year. I have no doubt they will punch thru anything. But I haven't shot thru anything yet with em.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowfly
i know you are not asking me iowa about the fixed blade, but i throw a WASP HAMMER SST 100gr, have been for a long time, since I was 17, so 10 years now, and it is simply awesome

my PA doe this past saturday was slightly quartering away, i put it THROUGH her 5th rib bone on the right hand side, and between the 3 and 4th rib on the left hand side

i pull 60lb draw weight
Thanks for the info...I just had so good of luck with the Grim Reaper it's hard too switch...but like i said I'll keep it in mind IA
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Spike

give it time i shot a buck last year same senario mine skipped the corn feilds and ran 2 miles to its beding area and died there
Old 10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buck_hunter_87
give it time i shot a buck last year same senario mine skipped the corn feilds and ran 2 miles to its beding area and died there

Did u have a blood trail? Rained all day today....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.