Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
shoulder shot??? >

shoulder shot???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoulder shot???

Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default shoulder shot???

Hit a nice one in the shoulder last nite. Arrow only went in about 6 too 8 inches id have too say....70LBS bowtech guardian With a Grim Reaper Broadhead Tracked it for about 500yds through the woods...lost the blood trail rite at the edge of the alphalpha field...40 yds further is corn???? Looked about 50 rows deep in the corn 1/4 mile width no blood...What do you guys thinkl?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably got one lung, maybe. Not gonna find much blood though. He may have avioded the corn. I've had hit deer go straight in it and I've had some go around it. If it didn't come out of the corn before you shot it most likely (from my experience) it won't run into the corn. Best option is to do some searches but a single lung deer can go a long ways before they decide to stop. Never know may find it in the corn when it gets combined also. WCL
Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

wingchaser_labs

Yah it's raining this morning Im gonna go search the woods this afternoon.....and like u said prolly find it when combiniing......I hate corn!!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Spike

diid you find him... if you got 8 inches of penetration then you definitely got one lung...it'll kill him when he beds down but as wingchaser said, he can go along way on one lung...stick with it
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blindluck
diid you find him... if you got 8 inches of penetration then you definitely got one lung...it'll kill him when he beds down but as wingchaser said, he can go along way on one lung...stick with it

No I didnt find him...Like I said Im planning on going out this afternoon....Butt it's raining here in Iowa and there wasnt much blood before the corn...Just pin drops and then nothing....Ill just have too hope he went back in the woods cause if hes in the corn it will be like a needle in a hay stack??
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

same thing happened to my brother on a nice sized doe on Friday, had about 5 inches of penetration. I found the broken arrow and about 4 feet of blood trail before there was no sign of any blood anywhere. I'm thinking she will be just fine, just have a sore shoulder for awhile....as for your deer, he already went 500yds keep searching if you did get a lung he is down, sadly though he might be in the corn especially with it raining
Old 10-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Spike

well good luck iowa...send up one of those hunters prayers and maybe you'll get lucky! keep us posted...dont forget to check nearby water!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

time, time, and more time...single lung hits can be tricky and gridding searching corn is never fun, but may be necessary

i hope it works for you
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

heading out Ill get back too yahs thanks for replys....got my spirits back up!!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:56 AM
bigcountry

Sorry to hear about it. Maybe next you, you can try a fixed BH? At least think about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.