Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb Users....FYI

Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzyman88
I am pretty happy with the stand. It's quiet, packs well and is very stable in the tree.

There is however some things I think they should do differently.

1. I believe the top section of the SC should come standard in the new Wide version. I am only 6ft around 190 and I feel a bit confined in the seat, even though I have it pulled tight to the frame.
Muzz ....do you currently have the wide version? I am seriously thinking about upgrading ...is it worth it?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Spike

i have a hand climber from lone wolf...i love it but i alomost always use my API alumi tech climber...i have spent many all day sits in my API it is absolutely the most comfortable stand out there and rock solid in the tree...
Old 10-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

PreacherTony,

I do not have the wide version. I too am thinking about getting it, but man, do they hammer you on the cost of it. You can buy a complete stand from another company for what you'll pay for the top section.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have had mine for years and love it. No problems at all.

Shane
Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the stand, with the exception of the seat. That, and I'm not crazy about using the sit and climb method. I prefer to use it as a hand climber. I actually played around with it tonight and I honestly cant see how I would bend the frame doing it the way I do.

The problem I have with climbing using the bar is that it really crowds me toward the tree and I can't seem to get away from the top section enough to move it up the tree.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hand climber

Originally Posted by muzzyman88

The problem I have with climbing using the bar is that it really crowds me toward the tree and I can't seem to get away from the top section enough to move it up the tree.
I got a climbing strap with my hand climber and I can't figure out how you would use it if you wanted to! If you sat in the strap your knees would be against the tree and not able to pick up the bottom....Am I missing something here?

BTW...I absolutly LOVE this stand! Only 15# and strap it to my back and go! It's super quiet climbing too! Lone Wolf put a lot of thought into this stand. I emptied my box and the back-pack straps rolled under my desk. I thought they forgot to include them so I called them up as I was 2 days away from the season opener....They OVERNIGHTED the straps to me.

Exceptional service!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I doesn't "matter" to me what others use.....but I am curious...(Having been up in my LW S&C well over 100X in a little over ONE year)

You guys who are detractors of this stand....what are you using....that's "better"?

Thanks.

The base of the stand is adjustable and uses a belt. The belt is solid and the adjustment only requires me to squeeze the lever, (after I raise the front of the stand up past level) The belt atomatically cinch's up because it's preloaded, all I have to do is let go of the lever. It automatically engages the belt any where on the belt. One hand is all that's required. (The LW's lever the first time I tried to do it made me shake my head in wonder. I remember saying to myself "I aint doing that in the woods half way up a tree". )

The stand comes ready to fit large trees, no extra belts are needed.

It weighs 19 pounds.

The camo is much better and also folds flat although it's a better pack unfolded.

Needed nothing else to make it comfortable and was also adjustable, it didn't need to be and could have been better if it wasn't.

Cost 269.

Unfortunetly the company is out of business. It's a North Star Tree Cat Archer.

Nothing needs to be better, the LW is supposed to be better, I don't think it's any better than other stands of the same quality and certainly isn't better than some unless upgrades are purchased to make it equal. I don't even like the noise the belts make when they're inserted into the stand. Because it wasn't better I didn't buy it.

I did just buy the hand climber top for the base of one of my stands, (it was a good buy since so many people bought them and don't care for them, how's that the best? ) and it does pretty much what I thought it would.

I'm thinking that the best stand is a combination of different tops and bottoms. Seems I like a top and not the bottom or the bottom and not the top.

There isn't a perfect stand, yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nodog
...adjustment only requires me to squeeze the lever, (after I raise the front of the stand up past level) The belt atomatically cinch's up because it's preloaded, all I have to do is let go of the lever. It automatically engages the belt any where on the belt. One hand is all that's required. ...
There isn't a perfect stand, yet.
A preloaded Belt with a lever-catch is am AWESOME idea!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
A preloaded Belt with a lever-catch is am AWESOME idea!
It has a bungee attached one end of the belt, pull it out a max of 7"s and just let go of the spring loaded lever, teeth in the lever engage the belt anywhere on the belt, no teeth in the belt. The original version started with the same kind of belt as the LW but was change almost from the beginning.

I had this stand when I was looking into the LW, almost every thing about it sounded great, the cast, the belt, the pack ability, the weight until I went and saw one. The lack of camo shocked me from a distance, all the black belts stuck out like crazy, the levers/belt made me walk away.

For the price this stand should come all decked out with everything they offer, the dinking for this and that makes me feel like I'm being made to beg, "Please sir, let me have the bigger belts so I can climb trees that hide me, and please sell me the camo upgrades."

It's origin is symptomatic of this kind of service and something I've come to expect from that State. (another thing about the stand I didn't like) A few years ago the sports mens clubs solicited the votes of hunters to elect a certain party. As a reward for the effort the elected officials who took control of most of politics raise the out of state tag prices from the 200-300's to the 500's just to name one example of how that state hasn't won my affections.