Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
To yesterday's SOB Treaspasser >

To yesterday's SOB Treaspasser

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To yesterday's SOB Treaspasser

Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

That just sucks.

I own my own land, and have had treaspassers try to pull that on me. Ive caught treaspassers on my land, several times, and they insist I am the treaspasser. Before I confront someone, I always call the cops first. I usually tell the idiots, when I confront them, "Dont worry, I called the G.W. before I came over, he will surley throw me in jail." You see them turn white and try to craw fish. Especially if they messed up one of my fences to get on. Then the game warden has even more to pin on them.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Umm what are the chances that he even gets on these forums? SLIM. If you wanted to tell him all of this tough guy business, why didnt you do it to his face?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Umm what are the chances that he even gets on these forums? SLIM. If you wanted to tell him all of this tough guy business, why didnt you do it to his face?
he was with his 9 yr old daughter?

and thats too bad that some people feel the need to do that... i understand if they are right on the edge of your property, retrieving game that ran on you land, but to be on your land just because its there is not ok....

we have the worst neighbors ever. they come ride their horses without permission all over out land...they walk right thru our food plots and right past our stands and every thing...i hate it because they have over 1500 acres they could go ride on, but they insist on coming onto our 150 acres...doesnt make sense to me.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

So do you think he is a member here by posting this here?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Fork Horn

There was a time a few years ago that I had problems with a trespasser. Now it wasn't my land, but I had soul use of the 60 acers. This guy was such an ass. I told him he was not to be on this land, he told me that I cant kick him off because I'm not the land owner. Well he was right in that aspect, but, NY DEC told me that I can ask him to leave and if he doesn't then I can call DEC or the land owner, and they will remove him. The land owner always told me that if I ever see anyone on the property, to ask them to leave or he would just have them arrested. he said he would back me up all the way. I caught this guy on the property again. I told him, look buddy, you can take my advice and just leave, or the land owner can come over right now and just have you arrested, your choice. I told him I talk to DEC and I can ask you to leave. Take it as friendly advice now or jail and a fine later, your choice. I have never seen the guy again.
It sucks that, that trespasser would confront you like that with your little girl there. He is obviously not an ethical hunter, and has no respect for other hunters. Us as hunters as suppose to have respect and courtesy to land owners and other hunters. Its people like that, that give hunters a bad name.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by louddrummer69
He might feel more at home on the bowhunting forum. People post things like this all the time. Big, you deal with it and move on.
Exactly! This belongs here more than many posts I've read on the Bowhunting forum. Chill out.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You handled the situation well and thanks to Jed for setting you straight on your improper placement of the post. I think there's a better place for it in the SOB trespassers forum.

What you should have done just to show your daughter how things work is to have butt ended the guy with your rifle. You guys who are gonna fist fight a guy on the wrong side of the fence are the ones who will end up in jail and internet bravado is very cheap.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

What I want to know is who the heck sees a guy hunting with their kid and comes off all Tommy Toughnuts to them? What a jerk. Hopefully you won't see them again.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know why some of you are getting all bent out of shape. The guy just needed to vent and talk about it, and maybe end up with some good advice as to what should be done in a situation like this. Under NO circumstances should any hunter engage in a fist fight or a yelling match with another hunter, tempers boil and someone will end up shot...... Always best to walk away and let the proper authorities handle it. Thats just my opinion. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes. Everyone has there own opinion. I hope that the situation doesn't discourage your daughter from your hunting traditions. Those time are precious, and will be gone before you know it. Good luck this season.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Good grief. Someone comes on here, upset about something and vents to those he feels comfortable with, and he gets bashed.

Good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.