Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Man Killed by friend in hunting accident! >

Man Killed by friend in hunting accident!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man Killed by friend in hunting accident!

Old 10-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

As sad as these types of things are to hear, there really is NO EXCUSE for it!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I started thinking more about the stance of let's slow down and wait til we know all the facts. I am not one to cast stones and I am not going to beat this guy up. He's probably doing that plenty himself already and will to some extent for the rest of his life. That said, I can't help but thinking again that there is no excuse period for shooting at a target you can't clearly see or something like movement in the brush. So while the guy may or may not deserve jail time (I'm not going to argue that), he does need to take responsibility. Too few people in today's society want to do that. There's always some excuse or someone or somethin else at fault.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Fall Archery Turkey season is in in Illinois. Sad indeed. Since I'm pretty sure it is not Judgement Day, I'll leave that to others.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Kid
Since I'm pretty sure it is not Judgement Day,
Pretty sure too but the days not over and you know a day to the Lord is like a thousand years...

I think more are judging the schooling of hunters, not the kid.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 1shot, killing a human for a turkey with archery equipment was more than an accident or poor judgment. He can't distinguish between a turkey and human, but makes a shot through brush to kill this hunter??? I may be off base, but I believe the investigation will determine this was not a hunting accident.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i were the Game Warden that kid would never hunt again..he wouldnt beable to get a license..Thats Crazy..a....TURKEY??

Just stupid

-NICK
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bump, I see a second thread was opened.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hard time believing this was an accident. It's terrible what happened and I feel for the family but what dumba$$ shoots a human in bow range? He is either the worst outdoors man who ever lived or he did it on purpose and is a psycho.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe the guy was a millionaire and the kid wanted it all....in these days and times anything like that doesnt seem out of the ordinary, but I bet he is having a really hard time explaining that to ANY of the DNR guys that are investigating. In most states the guy will ultimately forfeit his hunting priviledges until passing a rigorous hunting test, most likely years from now for the ability to ever hunt again! just my opinion
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah completly insane,some people have no business being in the woods,I find it kinda hard to belive but it happend,I am guessing it was dark enough to where he couldnt see his sites let alone make out a target I mean thats when we get outta our stands right when we cant see our sites? There is no excuse for it hopefuly it will be a good lesson for this kid and other hunters that lack the means necessary to hunt safely and the lack of brains to make out your target before shooting at anything.I am guessing this is a case of someone being handed a bow and never being taught anything about it and possibly his first year in the timber,I never took the hunters safety course because my brain tells me naturaly what is right and what is wrong but agree some people sure could use it,it is required in the state of Illinois but if one person sells you a hunting license you can use that hunting license the very next year to get another without showing proof you have takin the course,I buy my license online so im on the sytem perminatly so I will never have to show proof that I took the hunter safety course which is good for me but not for everyone.Long story short just use your head out there and this stuff would never happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.