Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Treestand broke while I was in it  (Pictures added) >

Treestand broke while I was in it (Pictures added)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand broke while I was in it (Pictures added)

Old 10-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Man, I'm glad you are okay, I just started wearing harnesses this year myself, told myself after last year I needed to and so far have kept my word. As I keep going higher and higher up tree's and move away from ladder stands more I would like to be more safe. Like I said I'm glad you are okay and good luck putting that guy in your truck!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
I saw him in his bed for over an hour in the evening until he finally got up and walked off in the opposite direction. Now that I know where he is bedding, I will try to devise a strategy that will give him a ride in the back of my truck in the very near future. Here is a picture of him from this summer.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Blessing back PastorJim, thankful your fine.

Now, As you watched him walk away, did you interact with him at all? Meaning, there is no way in heck I could watch a shooter buck just walk away naturally without giving him a couple social grunts that could very well turn him immediately around and put him in bow range. I wouldn't have been aggressive but I've had them turn on a dime and walk right in with just 2 grunts from a call.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I've replaced the cables on my ladder stands with metal they also feel more sturdy. I've made it a habit to wear my HSS the last couple of years to many stories.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Blessing back PastorJim, thankful your fine.

Now, As you watched him walk away, did you interact with him at all? Meaning, there is no way in heck I could watch a shooter buck just walk away naturally without giving him a couple social grunts that could very well turn him immediately around and put him in bow range. I wouldn't have been aggressive but I've had them turn on a dime and walk right in with just 2 grunts from a call.
Rob, I did and he paused and looked towards me but ignored it. As I said in the original post, he was there about an hour, getting up periodically to move around. Every time I saw him, I tried but he was just paying no attention to it. I am going to try to slip in his bedroom with a climber very early in the morning. So we will see.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very glad to hear your alright PastorJim. I have several gorilla stands and really want to see those pictures of what happened exactly. Everyone should make sure they are wearing a safety harnass no matter what kind of stand they are in.

Also good luck with the 8, I have confidence you will get a shot off at him. Im going after a very similar big 8 in the morning for opening day. Once again good luck and glad your unharmed.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

glad to hear you are ok pj... i would like everyone to note that in the US, 12 people have been found dead hanging from their harness at their blinds....8 of them would have lived if they just his the ground, the other 4 are questionable, but said they woulda had to land on their head to die.

i have seen a harness with the retractable action as to slide urself down to the ground at will.

the reason they died was lack of circulation, there is a name for it but i do not remember. basically you are poisoning yourself, because the blood doesnt move freely enough.

i have fallin asleep in my harness suspended while bow hunting, arms a lil sleepy and sumtimes my feet, but needless to say i didnt die

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-02-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added why they died
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, to say the least.! Im glad to see you are OK and in very good spirits to share the story and keep a level head on your pursuing your target...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a gusset on my summit climber break and they sent me a brand new stand. I'd call them and get it warrantied
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
glad to hear you are ok pj... i would like everyone to note that in the US, 12 people have been found dead hanging from their harness at their blinds....8 of them would have lived if they just his the ground, the other 4 are questionable, but said they woulda had to land on their head to die.

i have seen a harness with the retractable action as to slide urself down to the ground at will.

the reason they died was lack of circulation, there is a name for it but i do not remember. basically you are poisoning yourself, because the blood doesnt move freely enough.

i have fallin asleep in my harness suspended while bow hunting, arms a lil sleepy and sumtimes my feet, but needless to say i didnt die
Hss has An extra strap to relieve pressure around the legs so u can keep circulation
Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Spike

Wow. Glad to hear you are ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.