HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hows My Form? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/305575-hows-my-form.html)

my7pointmonster 10-01-2009 06:56 PM

Hows My Form?

2 Attachment(s)
How's my form? and Don't be shy, I don't care you won't hurt my feelings.
Thanks

Ryan.

Attachment 3384

Attachment 3385

fingerz42 10-01-2009 07:45 PM

DL looks a bit long to me.. first picture really shows it in my opinion..

Hard to tell much with that baggy sweatshirt on, but dammnit its cold in PA right now.. ;)

JoshKeller 10-01-2009 07:48 PM

I'd shorten your draw length by 1.5" minimum, possibly 2"

trob_205 10-01-2009 07:48 PM

DL at least an inch long...prolly a couple inches

my7pointmonster 10-01-2009 07:52 PM

Wow really? I've always shot the same D.L. How can I tell? Great Info actually, but I Don't think I've ever encountered a problem, I may have and just not known it however.

Awesome, Thanks guys.

Ryan.

fingerz42 10-01-2009 07:58 PM

Being that stretched out your groups are suffering. (And from time to time so does your left arm most likely.)

sr77 10-01-2009 08:06 PM

I would agree with the above. You are leaning back with your upper body at full draw which can indicate to long of a draw length, your elbow is also pointed down slightly vs. being in a straight line with the arrow which is also an indicator. Your upper body should be set evenly over your feet shoulder width apart. Shortening your draw length will enable you to stand up over your left leg better at full draw as well as putting your draw arm in a better position.

Shane

my7pointmonster 10-01-2009 08:20 PM

Do you think that the ground being sloped towards the camera and I'm also Aiming up a slight hill would have affected the pictures in anyway because I didnt think to move to flat ground I just said to my friend, Hey snap a picture of me shooting, then I figured 2 would help a lot better. I'm 6'3 with a finger tip to finger is 72.5 inches if that helps at all. Just let me know Because If it will change how I look in the pictures, I'll do it on flat ground.

Thanks for the Input, What do you guys think my DL should be?

Ryan.

trob_205 10-02-2009 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3460949)
Do you think that the ground being sloped towards the camera and I'm also Aiming up a slight hill would have affected the pictures in anyway because I didnt think to move to flat ground I just said to my friend, Hey snap a picture of me shooting, then I figured 2 would help a lot better. I'm 6'3 with a finger tip to finger is 72.5 inches if that helps at all. Just let me know Because If it will change how I look in the pictures, I'll do it on flat ground.

Ryan.

what is it now? just drop and inch to start and go from there...you should be able to draw a perfect "T" with the vertical line down the center of your body and the horizontal being your arrow, with parallel lines runing horizontal with your elbow and your shoulders...make sure you keep your shoulders straight under your hips...to start try to take the lean out of your stance by straightening out and putting more weight on that front foot to help you do that...you should be able to tell then that your draw is too long...

live2Draw 10-02-2009 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3460949)

Ryan.

Nah man, your left arm is a bit straight, the string should ideally be touching the tip of your nose, and you are leaned back pretty good. that will hurtcha in the long run I would say shorten your draw an inch and a half and go from there.