Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Would you shoot him? >

Would you shoot him?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot him?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doesn't matter if I'd shoot him or not. You and you only can make that call when he's standing in front of you. I wish you well in your decision regardless of what it is and I'll be the first to congratulate you if you choose to take him.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

I hope you hear what everyone is saying. Hunting is about YOU and YOUR decisions. If you would be proud of that deer and enjoy eating him, then do it. If you have some reservations now, you will probably still have them. Make your decision to enjoy hunting and give yourself permission to shoot or show some restraint. Either way, enjoy the hunt.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've already shot one slightly bigger than him, so yes I would shoot him. It's really up to you though.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Arjuna
I hope you hear what everyone is saying. Hunting is about YOU and YOUR decisions. If you would be proud of that deer and enjoy eating him, then do it. If you have some reservations now, you will probably still have them. Make your decision to enjoy hunting and give yourself permission to shoot or show some restraint. Either way, enjoy the hunt.
Well said ...

for ME, you bet I would ...but that ME
Old 10-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

absolutely...
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Doesn't matter if I'd shoot him or not. You and you only can make that call when he's standing in front of you. I wish you well in your decision regardless of what it is and I'll be the first to congratulate you if you choose to take him.
Hear. Hear.

If your "reservations" are external (what 'everyone else' would think).....then you need to let that go. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I'd shoot that buck without hesitation. And, I'd be proud as hell of him.

Good luck, Jeff. Follow YOUR heart.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

He walks, ESPECIALLY in the late season.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

we have antler restrictions here as a way to let Buck reach more potential, I think just a first glance he's young ( looks a little leggy), but that here, your somewhere else. Sounds like it's up to you. Best of luck!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
No I wouldnt shoot him but I wouldnt let what I or anyone else say have anything to do with your judgement If you like him, then by all means go after him, and good luck!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot what makes you happy bud. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Best of luck to you.

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.