Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
rest bowtech Hostage >

rest bowtech Hostage

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rest bowtech Hostage

Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Spike

Default rest bowtech Hostage

whats the latest scoop on the Hostage. I just tried one in a shop and it was quite moving the arrow across it and thought it could be good. I liked the WB but seemed noisy when the arrow drew...despite cotton and other things done. I also didn't like the contact of the veins.
But then reading the Octane like wears out extremely quickly....I was so dissapointed and confused. how can this be designed this way. Do they or have they upgraded the material? can you move one of the other two brushes to the resting place?, I only shoot 100-200 arrows a year I guess, and this seems to be no problem, but even with some wear little by little, wouldn't this affect accuracy little by little also?
I couldn't find a tech site to inquire. the proshop of bowtech is not in use now.

Thanks for any input
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

i own 2. 1 on my parker and 1 on my pse omen. Awesome.... no, the brushes do not wear out quickly if the vanes aren't touching them. Shot over 500 arrows with my hostage rests and not a single brush was damaged...
Old 10-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

My wife and I both have had Hostage rests on our bows for over a year and they have not wore down. We shoot about 2 days a week and if the brushes have wore down it hasn't been enough to tell. Plus the Hostage doesn't ripple and rip off your vanes like the WB.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

There are two versions of the Hostage...the Hostage and the Hostage pro. Yes the brushes wear down ( I have had to replace the bottom brush, but you can also rotate them, its just an allen screw holding them on.)

The hostage pro is the only one you can shoot blazers through. The regular hostage doesnt have the diameter to do so. I bought replacement brushes and keep them in my archery tackle box, if I notice my shots are shooting low, I either rotate the sides and use a side for the bottom, or simply replace the bottom brush.

Its a great rest though. I think it beats the WB hands down because the vanes never touch a thing on the fly!