Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shoot through screens???? >

Shoot through screens????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot through screens????

Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone ever notice how on the hunting shows they never seem to have the mesh up? I've found deer spook less with it up. I'm also wondering if those shots are taken after they've actually taken the deer but made to look like its beforehand, which I'm sure is the case many times. Meaning much of the footage of the guy waiting for the deer or drawing his bow, etc., actually takes place after the deer is on the ground.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
Well my wife and boy are scheduled to be out of town next week leaving my 7 year old daughter and I at home to fend for ourselves, so me being the witty hunter, I ask Ally if she wants to bowhunt with dad after school. She replied with an enthusiastic "YEAH!". So I went out and picked up a nice hub style ground blind with the shoot through screens thinking it will be the cat's behind for concealing a fidgety little girl.

My question - what are your opinions on shooting through the screens?? I plan on shooting slick trick mags. Has anyone seen any major issues?? I was planning checking my zero thru one of them but thought I would ask first...
bad durring low light conditions my bro & i have tested that theory as long as u wear a black top & a black mask your good to go another good antic is to draw behind window if possible, good luck
"the truth,rage broadheads
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
Well my wife and boy are scheduled to be out of town next week leaving my 7 year old daughter and I at home to fend for ourselves, so me being the witty hunter, I ask Ally if she wants to bowhunt with dad after school. She replied with an enthusiastic "YEAH!". So I went out and picked up a nice hub style ground blind with the shoot through screens thinking it will be the cat's behind for concealing a fidgety little girl.

My question - what are your opinions on shooting through the screens?? I plan on shooting slick trick mags. Has anyone seen any major issues?? I was planning checking my zero thru one of them but thought I would ask first...
Funny you ask. I had one delievered yesterday to my house. I had to get a tall one because I almost always use a long bow. I went out and put it up in the back yard to try it out. There was no problem with any bow I shot through it (recurves, longbows, or compounds). My only concer was that when I draw, my bow is almost agianst the window and my elbow is touching the back side of the blind. I do have a long draw. Also, I did get a rather thin one, 60" x 60" x 75", so you might not have any issues with your draw. If I ever have to use it, ill shot through the screen.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

I'll play devil's advocate. Why would you want your broadhead touching anything before it hits the target? Whould you shoot through leaves, tall grass etc if you had a choice? I'll admit, sometimes you don't have a choice, but if you don't have to why take the chance.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby
I'll play devil's advocate. Why would you want your broadhead touching anything before it hits the target? Whould you shoot through leaves, tall grass etc if you had a choice? I'll admit, sometimes you don't have a choice, but if you don't have to why take the chance.
I would compare it more to tape over the muzzle of your muzzleloader....