Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Processor?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Spike

Here is a link to a video I got off this site last year. It clearly shows how to debone a deer.

http://www.inberg.ca/hunting_essenti...er_Cutting.wmv

Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Don't be afraid to try it yourself. You'll most likely make a mess of the first deer or two but it gets easier each time. I started about 10 years ago and with two of us we can skin, butcher, wrap and clean up in less than 3 hours. I try to do it while a football game is on to help pass the time. I don't have any special equipment- large table, cutting boards, sharp knives, freezer paper, tape and a sharpie.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Spike

I took mine to Pinions in Rockford, last year and it was good and cheap. We had ours turned into burger with the exception of keeping the prime parts(back strap, roast, tenderlions and a couple pounds of sausage) and they only charged me $105.00 We are going to start doing it ourselves though.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Spike

Awesome thanks guys ill give it a shot, if I actually get something this year. This morning was terrible didnt even see a leg.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Try doing it yourself. I did it for the 1st time last year. It was fairly easy, and enjoyable. It went quite well!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

HERE IS MY FAVORITE VIDEO!!!
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...q=6&oq=DEER+P#