Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
some people have no common sense >

some people have no common sense

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

some people have no common sense

Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default some people have no common sense

Well guys one more day for us here in Illinois. I dont think we could ask for any better weather. I kind of have a question. So i was approached by a guy who asked me if i would shoot some deer off of his ground he has 85 acres of all woods. Theres big deer on this ground because i see them in the field when i drive by. He said he will buy me tags if needed and he just wants the meat which i can settle for. Well i get a phone call from the guy who hunts the neighboring ground and he told me he doesnt want me hunting 2 weeks before shotgun season because he wants the area to be settled. He also told me if i shoot a deer and it runs on his ground i dont have permission to go get it and he wont give me permission to get it he will go find it for me. Then he had the nerve to ask me to not shoot any bucks. I straight up told the guy he was an idiot and that im just going to hunt the big boys just to rattle his cage. He didnt like that he then said people like me ruin hunting spots that go in and bowhunt because we run deer off (he only gun hunts) im going to the 85ac in the morning and hopefully the biggest buck out there steps out cause im gonna let them fly. I just cant believe some morons. What would some of you guys told him if you were in my situation?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Spike

I know what you mean. There's not much you can do to change his outlook. Just hunt it like you would anywhere else. If you do have one go over the fence and die call the DNR officer. He can help you get it back.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

I would say, "Man you must be from South Illinois."

JK... I'm just a little salty after getting a speeding ticket in S. Illinois traveling home from Nashville, TN.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Spike

yea...this guy is obviously challenged...poor guy...haha
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

this site will just sensor out what i wouldve told him. That takes some balls on his part tosay that. I hope you shoot a monster 2moro a.m. and if so i reccomend strapping it to the hood of your car and driving up and down the road all day long and give him a big ol you are #1 wave as you pass him!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny how the gun-only hunters think bowhunters chase off all the deer. Seems my sightings go way down after rifle season.

Oh, my reaction - pound sand.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would do my very best to avoid conflict. Nothing good is going to come from that. Since the man has already said you cannot cross lines to go after a downed deer, I would do my best to away from hunting the edges. However, with that being said, if I felt "the" spot I needed to be in was close to the line, I would hunt it in a heartbeat and just be prepared to get the law involved if one does cross.

As far as what I would have told this guy....I would have simply said thank you for calling, I will hunt this spot when and how I want since I have permission to do so. I would have left it at that.

On a side note, since it seems this guy already has a beef with you being there, make sure your I's are dotted and T's are crossed. Hunting on someone elses tags will get in you trouble real fast. Have the land owner give you the money so the tags are in your name. This guy sounds like he is going to be looking for a reason to get you out of there.

Last edited by kickin_buck; 09-30-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fixing fat fingers
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

I would avoid the guy as much as possible. Don't give him any information, don't tell him what you saw, shot, etc. He can't dictate what you do on your land. I have a similar neighbor who only gun hunts. The last two years he likes to target practice during the rut while I'm bowhunting. Funny how he likes to shoot from first light until about 9am and then picks it up again during the last hour and half of the day. You can't reason with morons. It just brings you down to their level. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

think most of us would tell him to eat s_ _ t and die...........drop a big one & call your dnr if you need / guy most be a big puss
Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been in a similar situation and I not so kindly told the guy to mind his business/property or I would let my young cousin loose with a hand full of doe tags and instructions to kill every deer he can (2 deer a day). I told him it didn't matter to me, as I had plenty of other places to hunt. He quit aggravating me too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.