Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wow thats some power >

wow thats some power

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wow thats some power

Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default wow thats some power

Well i saw my nieghbor was home and i walked over to tell him i think i shot a arrow through his shed. He says ohh ok let me get it for you. No you mother **** your buying me a new shed. He said i just hope it did not hit the bikes and bust a tire or get bent. I told him the arrow was carbon and i was more worried about his shed and stuff. We could not find it the hole was closed so i looked around the yard between us. He even helped. He asked his wife if it was in her car. I said well this was two days ago i would guess you would have saw it.
He looked inside the shed again. It was there we just missed it. Get this it went clean through a 3/4 sheet of plywood and busted a good size chuck in the next piece. the bounced back landing back on the other side. I thought dam it went through a loose hay bale and plywood dang near through another sheet. I am wondering just how fast this thing goes and how much energy it has. I know it is not the top of the line bow but dang man seems going through plywood is alittle over kill
Also when his wife said" he found it in the shed" I thought there went my fleachs which are quikspin speedhunters. The tip and the arrow. Nope the fleatchings look brand new like they have never been fired. I know there new it was the third shot with it. But it went through plywood. I am now sold on the quikspins speed hunters. Question Ofcoarse all this put alot of strain and force on the arrow the only thing i see wrong is there is a little tear in the camo on the front half. Then there is a scrap on the back 4 inchs. Is this brand new 15 dollar arrow any good.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well bigtim, I think I followed that, be damned careful....

Hold your arrow at both ends, flex the arrow and listen for clicks or cracks.

Do this several times as you turn the arrow checking all sides.

If you don't hear any cracks, clicks etc... it's good.

If you broke the spine, fibers etc... you'll hear it.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well im glad that it turned out like it did..Are you going to fix the hole in his shed?

-NICK
Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check the speed and weight of the arrow and we can tell you how much "power" you really have
Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818
Well im glad that it turned out like it did..Are you going to fix the hole in his shed?

-NICK
Glad everything worked out. Like BOWHUNTER818 said are you going to fix the hole? Seems like the right thing to do in my mind.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad you found the arrow Tim and very glad noone got hurt. Go ahead and fix the shed and if the sheet of ply wood was something he was goign to use, go ahead and replace it, just to show your grattitude and for him handling this situation like a true man. You have a great neigbor, keep it that way...
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Typical Buck

hmmmm, no response to your guys questions about fixing it, he must be at the hardware store getting the new plywood!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why are you shooting a haybale if you bought a Glendell buck? Haybales (w/o some sort of backstop) aren't a good target if like to keep your arrows.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buttonbuckmaster
Why are you shooting a haybale if you bought a Glendell buck? Haybales (w/o some sort of backstop) aren't a good target if like to keep your arrows.
I was wondering the same thing. Didn't he mention he just recently bought a new target? Wusss up?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

What scares the crap out of me is that you're shooting your bow toward your neighbors yard.....to many chances for a accident for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.