Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin??? >

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with carrying a side arm at all if its legal. I started carrying my .44 with me after I got charged by a big old sow one night on the way to my stand. Now theres reports of a cougar running around just north of our property, my wifes aunt got a call from an ex inlaw of hers and said they have several trail cam pics of the cougar. Im trying to get ahold of the pics so I can post them, as soon as I do I will post them.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
You guys need to forgive Steve, as he also doesn't for a moment beleive that more lawful people with CCW's would make anyone any safer, even the person carrying, so why would he beleive that we, as hunters, should have the choice of carrying a CCW while hunting, to protect ourselves. Steve just doesn't think more guns will make anyone any safer.
If I ever encounter a mtn. lion, bear, wolf, or a bad guy in the woods, it should be my CHOICE as to weather I have a CCW to protect myself. It sure beats waiting on the cops to show up after wards.

So mtn lions ,bears, wolves and bad guys are some of the things you boys are afraid of, eh? I wouldn't be surprised if you were afraid of your own shadows also.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Always makes me shake my head when someone claims wild animals aren't dangerous just misunderstood, and then they wind up being attacked and or killed by them.

There's a guy around here who has a private zoo where rescued predators are kept. As of yet no one has been attacked by an escaping animal, the owner however has been; he's the only one allowed in the cages. Last time I saw him his side was cut open by a paw from one of the big cats. These animals are not healthy and kind of slugish. Guy's known around here because he buys horses for meat.

Funny thing about it is I got the idea to look around at the houses around trying to figure out who'd be first? The car in the drive next door had a handicap parking tag. I'm sure they've been sized up more than a few times.

Wild animals are just that. Personaly I think that unless they threaten me or mine they should be left to run a muck. When people start sharing in the problem things will change. I do believe some in Colorado are coming around with the problem they're having with bears. Several have been killed, poor misunderstood things.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/ch.../posts?page=76
Old 10-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Steve863
So mtn lions ,bears, wolves and bad guys are some of the things you boys are afraid of, eh? I wouldn't be surprised if you were afraid of your own shadows also.

I agree, we really should do away with all forms of defense. When I was a boy it was common for kids to go around calling others scardy cats. Thanks for taking be back to my childhood.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

If you guys are scared of running into bears and wolves while bowhunting, maybe then you shouldn't hunt with a bow but maybe stick to guns? I just see it as a bit odd wanting to carry a gun while hunting with a weapon that is supposed to be primitive. In my view you shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Plus the odds are better that you will get killed in a car accident going to your hunting spot than you ever might run into a man eating bear or wolf!
I don't think they are scared I think they have common sense. What is so odd about carring a sidearm for personal protection. I just got back from a bow hunt in Montana, I had three encounters with bears with the last a bluff charge from a griz. Seen a wolf in the distance and cut the biggest cat track to date for me. Don't tell me the odds of running in to one of these animals. In my view only an idiot would venture in to bear and wolf country with out some kind of personal protection.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who said anything about being "afraid" of any of them, "respect" them yes, with common sense to know that it can and does happen. If and when it does happen to me, I will be prepared, and when it does happen to you, we'll find your name in the obituarys with the headline being something like, "If he'd only been prepared to defend himself."
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys are scared of running into bears and wolves while bowhunting, maybe then you shouldn't hunt with a bow but maybe stick to guns? I just see it as a bit odd wanting to carry a gun while hunting with a weapon that is supposed to be primitive. In my view you shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Plus the odds are better that you will get killed in a car accident going to your hunting spot than you ever might run into a man eating bear or wolf!
Steve, your view is your view. If they are not doing anything wrong with the firearm, who really cares if they bring it? I mean really, what is the big deal?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, you must be Hercules reincarnated.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
in texas you cant carry unless you have a concealed handgun permit and it must be concealed at all times.while bow hunting deer during an archery only season
Same in GA
Old 10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Howler
Who said anything about being "afraid" of any of them, "respect" them yes, with common sense to know that it can and does happen. If and when it does happen to me, I will be prepared, and when it does happen to you, we'll find your name in the obituarys with the headline being something like, "If he'd only been prepared to defend himself."
You will one day end up in an aromatic pine box just like I and everyone else will. I am prepared for this and know that most likely my death will come due to some sort of illness or old age. Unlike you it seems, I lose mighty little sleep worrying about getting eaten by a bear or murdered by another human, thus I feel NO need to carry a gun at all times. It is highly unlikely your gun will be a factor in when you will or won't die.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.