Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin??? >

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Couldn't find any info on the dnr website. May have to call. I know for sure you can carry a sidearm when small game hunting and any other hunting that involves a firearm.,..
Old 09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Yes you can... as far as I know.

I carry one when bowhunting on my land in Phillips, WI. Never know when you track your deer what will be around it
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

thanks.. i was thinking the same too.....
Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Spike

Not sure of Wisconsin, I know you can't in Iowa.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

i thought i read in the regulations that you cant while bowhunting... i could be wrong, but before you do, you might wanna give them a call just to be safe!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes you can. It can not be concealed how ever, it has to be worn outside your clothing. I have been carrying my .44 with me for a long time while bow hunting for bear protection. You must be atleast 18 in order to carry a pistol.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Yes you can. It can not be concealed how ever, it has to be worn outside your clothing. I have been carrying my .44 with me for a long time while bow hunting for bear protection. You must be atleast 18 in order to carry a pistol.

yeah.. makes sense.. i'm gonna go hunt up north in WI and i know timber wolves are around.. I'm no wolf expert and will not risk it... Wolves do eat humans too..
Old 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Yes you can. It can not be concealed how ever, it has to be worn outside your clothing.
This is correct. I've been curious about it, having heard that it's illegal. I called the WI DNR today and got this answer.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys are scared of running into bears and wolves while bowhunting, maybe then you shouldn't hunt with a bow but maybe stick to guns? I just see it as a bit odd wanting to carry a gun while hunting with a weapon that is supposed to be primitive. In my view you shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Plus the odds are better that you will get killed in a car accident going to your hunting spot than you ever might run into a man eating bear or wolf!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

in texas you cant carry unless you have a concealed handgun permit and it must be concealed at all times.while bow hunting deer during an archery only season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.