Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Calling all PA Bowhunters - Going out the First Day ? >

Calling all PA Bowhunters - Going out the First Day ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Will you be out hunting the first day at some point ?
Yes
93.75%
No
6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Calling all PA Bowhunters - Going out the First Day ?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

This will be the third PA archery season I've missed in a row and potentially the first year I don't take my bow out at all. Going to college in NH prevents me from hunting PA's archery season and this year has been so busy I don't even know if I'll have time to get out and hunt in NH. I just haven't been able to put any time in with my bow to make sure I'm confident, let alone the time to actually hunt.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the late season hunt, but I will be in my tree stand at the crack of dawn on the first day. I can't wait to try out my new stand.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PA Bow/Flinter
This will be the third PA archery season I've missed in a row and potentially the first year I don't take my bow out at all. Going to college in NH prevents me from hunting PA's archery season and this year has been so busy I don't even know if I'll have time to get out and hunt in NH. I just haven't been able to put any time in with my bow to make sure I'm confident, let alone the time to actually hunt.
I remember those days (college, not in NH, though) It's tough (I hunted about 4-5 days total for those 4 years from 2003-2006), but it's worth it. I have a great job, and now I'm back out hunting regularly again. Just keep thinking of it as a temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, NO I won't. I'm coaching inline hockey and we kick off this weekend. 4 games starting at 9am and the rink is an 45 minutes away. After that it's on to my Daughter's Cheerleading. Family first. The one I'm after will still be there in a few weeks. Just need to be patient. But I will miss not being out there.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

i will be hunting 4E on the first day, some nice bucks ripping around, however, i always try to take a doe early...but if a buck gives me a shot and i am comfortable, i may be posting success bucks sooner than the rut

rain or shine, i will be there
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Won't be able to make it out on the opener. Wifey is in a wedding on 10/3, 13m old dear daughter, and our lab need to be tendered starting Friday.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone in 4D or pittsburgh where I can but the otc tag, if you wanna get together and hunt send me a pm.

Ryan.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checked the weather. Looks like heavy winds now as well. 33mph gusts
Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MGH_PA
Just checked the weather. Looks like heavy winds now as well. 33mph gusts
Weather I saw said 9mph from the South, I was actually excited. South winds are the absolute best for me.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Host of Hosts

Originally Posted by MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER
i wouldn't miss for my wedding annv. oh yea its my wedding annv. date with my wife. well the date is that evening but i'll be out in the AM with stick and string!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris I forgot to wish you and the MRS.a Happy Anniversary on the other thread and PM.

So.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Rob, You know I'll be out. I'm not hunting around you so it probably won't rain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.